Information Risk Officer II Job
Date: Aug 5, 2014
Location: Everett, MA, US
Information Risk Officer II (Job Number: 1401221)
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. Additional information is available at www.bnymellon.com.
BNY Mellon Asset Servicing is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing the management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
The Information Risk Officer (IRO) II overall responsibility is to work with his/her C-SIRO/SIRO, to ensure that internal controls related to information risk management are sound and effective. S/he will assist the SIRO and in some cases, lead in the execution and delivery of the business information risk management initiatives specific to their business/business partner area. S/he is responsible for building and sustaining a risk-aware culture and mindset among employees, contractors and service providers. S/he is focused to reduce the likelihood of reputational and regulatory impacts due to non-compliance to the company s information risk management s policies and standards, including local procedures specific to the his/her business/business partner areas.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Coordinate BNY Mellon security processes within the Everett Office. Scope will include: incident management, on-boarding, and access entitlements. To perform these functions, the IRO will coordinate work with BNYM Corporate Security, Information Risk Management, Compliance, Risk, Legal, and HR. This role will also serve as the escalation point for any security related concerns
- Review security measures with client security representatives. Participate in the review of audits.
- Together with BNY Mellon Information Risk Management and Corporate Security, maintain and manage a security risk register, the content and format of which is to be jointly agreed, identifying strategic security and mitigation approaches based upon results of the audits.
- Promote BNY Mellon's information security training and awareness programs to the Everett staff and assist BNY Mellon department managers in the application of information risk policies in conjunction with Information Risk Management, and provide training to relevant BNY Mellon staff in these policies.
- Review of agreed upon access control (i.e., entitlements) and activity logs to identify and assess potential suspicious activity as required by BNY Mellon policy.
- Maintain and manage summary-level reporting on security processes for the Everett office, including incident summaries, on-boarding/off-boarding and access entitlements.
B.S. or B.A. or equivalent work experience required. 7 - 10 years related experience preferred. Fluency in English. Security certification is beneficial, such as Certified Information Security Management (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
Prefered qualifications include:
- Proficiency in and experienced with multiple disciplines within information security, including business process security, data security and classification, data (flow) mapping, access control practices, risk analysis/management, regulatory compliance
- Experience coordinating work across multiple disciplines or organizations and be adept at building consensus across organizational and functional lines. Extensive experience with managing client expectations and communicating effectively.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Veterans
Primary Location: Everett, MA, US
Other Location: ,,
Internal Jobcode: 32668
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Asset Servicing - Americas-HR09084
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segments: Risk Management, SAP, Law, Information Systems, Compliance, Finance, Technology, Legal