BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers. Our business encompasses BNY Mellon's affiliated investment management firms, wealth management organization, and global distribution companies. Our goal is to build and deliver investment and wealth management strategies and solutions to meet our clients’ needs. Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. Through our global network we have developed a significant understanding of local requirements. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our teams. With extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments planned giving programs, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management can help our clients reach their goals.
The Dreyfus Corporation, established in 1951 and headquartered in New York, is one of the nation's leading investment management and distribution companies, currently managing approximately $286 billion in mutual funds and separately managed accounts. As part of BNY Mellon Investment Management, Dreyfus provides unique access to its exclusive and diverse global network of world-class asset managers, delivering powerful investment insight and strategies, including equity, fixed income and money market mutual funds, separately managed accounts, retirement and cash management strategies and asset allocation solutions.
The Internal Wholesaler plays a key role within Americas Distribution for BNY Mellon Investment Management, home of Dreyfus. In partnership with the External Wholesaler, the Internal Wholesaler – via outbound phone and email communication – develops and maintains existing relationships, and identifies and acquires new business within a specified territory to meet sales goals. Working in close partnership with an external wholesaler, the Internal Wholesaler works to develop and maintain meaningful client relationships with financial advisors at wirehouses and regional and independent broker/dealers in a geographic territory for the purpose of acquiring and retaining mutual fund and other professionally managed assets.
The Internal Wholesaler raises and retains assets within a geographic territory by making proactive phone calls to financial advisers to share sales ideas, provide product information, gather marketing data and offer sales support. This individual develops and maintains relationships with existing financial advisers in order to sell Dreyfus funds and identify new sales opportunities. The Internal Wholesaler also develops and implements a business plan and sales strategy with the External Wholesaler, and delivers effective presentations to promote Dreyfus funds and competitive advantages.
The Internal Wholesaler must have an understanding of and passion for the sales process, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills. He or she must also have excellent organizational and follow up skills, and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously. Moreover, the Internal Wholesaler must demonstrate professional presence, poise, strong presentation skills, and a high level of energy and motivation.
- Achieve sales and sales activity goals as set by Americas Distribution leadership team
- Identify opportunities and moves clients through the sales process creating promoters of Dreyfus, and asks for the client's business
- Engage with External Wholesaler to uncover new Dreyfus assets and close new business within the territory
- Drive results and raise awareness of Dreyfus investment products and services by delivering key messages through targeted prospecting activities including cold calls and virtual communications
- Build, grow, and maintain advisor relationships by developing a thorough understanding of Dreyfus funds and successfully position them to advisors
- Develop a thorough understanding of the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments – and leverage this knowledge to be a trusted advisor to clients and prospective clients and position Dreyfus funds effectively
- Develop a thorough understanding of the sales process – and leverage it to assist in moving clients and opportunities to the next stage
- Support the External Wholesaler in the development and execution of a strategic business plan to generate assets and grow share in the territory
- Assess the needs of each client by asking targeted, high impact questions, and position the appropriate fund that meets those needs
- Proactively support broader corporate initiatives and participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Marketing, Business, or a related field
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses in good standing
- At least 3 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- At least 1 year of experience in sales, sales support or marketing, preferably within the Wealth Management, Asset Management or Capital Markets business group
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: PIM02
Organization: Deleted Nodes-HR00000
Requisition Number: 1503456