BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Representative, Middle Office
BNY Mellon is an investment company. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon has a local operation in Wroclaw that currently employs over 1300 employees.
AIS Operations is made up of a number of hedge fund and private equity servicing functional areas such as Trade Execution, Trade Capture, Custody, Middle Office, Reconciliation, Billing, etc. AIS Operations assists the research and resolution of general and basic operational issues regarding fund administration. Follows existing documentation, process flows and standard operating procedures to complete routine day-to-day tasks.
By applying for this role, you will be included in the recruitment process for all below teams within Middle Office. Therefore, upon employment your duties may be as follows:
Reconciliation Team is a centralized group responsible for cash balance and holdings reconciliations ensuring positions are in-line on a daily/ weekly/ monthly basis, preparation of extensive reconciliations to custodian banks and accounting agents supporting the NAV/Performance team, researching and resolving any differences in a timely manner and recommending process improvements to ensure efficient and accurate processes:
- Ensure that all trades executed by clients were captured in accounting system (activity reconciliations)
- Process trade amendments (where appropriate)
- Position reconciliation against prime broker/custodian statements
- Cash reconciliation against prime broker/custodian statements
- Investigation of breaks/fails
- Cash events processing
- Dividend processing and verification (where appropriate)
- Working closely with other team members to ensure day-to-day tasks associated with customer deliverables are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies, department guidelines, and external regulation
We strongly cooperate with other locations- Dublin, Chennai, US. On a daily basis we work using Geneva Advent and Inform. Also we access all PBs’ reporting portals that provide services to our clients.
BOLT Team – Exchange Traded Cash Conformation & Settlements:
- Matching of trades booked by client against executing brokers trade blotter/ticket
- Management of trade exception failures
- Process trade amendments
- Maintenance of portfolio and Standard Settlement Instructions data
- Agreeing settlement details with counterparts
- Handling settlement discrepancies through to correction and completion
- Processing Cash Reconciliation on a daily basis
- Reading and understanding Swift fields
- Processing stock/cash manual instruction to the market
Cash Processing / Fund Transfer Team:
Payment processing of all AIS activity e.g. subscriptions, redemptions, dividends, fees etc, via the BNYM Payment workstation and Primebrokers systems. This involves the following;
- Have a good knowledge of swift
- Ensure all fx’s are complete in accordance with the cut off times and SLA agreements
- Ensuring payments to/from the Funds and payments to shareholders who have redeemed are paid /received within the agreed time frames (i.e. good value). Ensure all documentation is in place to allow payment to be made.
- Establish where payments in need to be positioned (i.e. for BNYM Brussels) and arrange for this to occur via Treasury Edge/Pb system or by fax
- Arrange for payments to be input and passed to Supervisor or Assistant Manager for authorisation.
- Check signature of payments against authorised signature lists to make sure they are valid.
- Complete OFAC checks on all third party systems
- Performing call-backs with Fund Accounting Teams
- Proactive follow-up and investigation of open cash items.
- Ensuring that outstanding items are responded to within twenty-four hours and that clearance dates are monitored.
- Fluent English
- Degree in finance, economics, management, accounting, administration & related studies
- Attention to detail/Analytical Skills
- Problem solving skills / Logical thinking
- Working under time pressure (with deadlines)
- Tasks & time management
- Good communication / escalation skills
- Fast knowledge absorption
- Conflict resolution
- Ability to work w/demanding client
- Flexible to an ever-changing working environment and working hours
- Full time contract of employment
- Working Hours : Monday-Friday on Shifts: 8:00 – 10:45 till 19:00
- Location : Aquarius Building ul.Swobodna 3
- Competitive salary
- A clear career path within Graduate Accelerator Programme GAP as well as potential promotion to Senior Representative role after 18th months of employment.
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: PAS11
Organization: Asset Servicing-HR06026
Requisition Number: 1601173