BNY Mellon Careers
Group Mgr,Appl Development - ETL
- Support and optimize data warehouse infrastructure.
- Partner with business on workforce analytics requirements and business intelligence platform architecture for clients.
- Design and implement ETL procedures for intake of data from both internal and outside sources; as well as ensure data is verified and quality is checked.
- Design and implement ETL processes and data model/architecture to ensure proper functioning of analytics, as well as client’s or third-party’s reporting environments and dashboard
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders in ensuring data warehouse architecture development and utilization as well as project status are aligned with resource capacity.
- Work with DBA team to monitoring, tune database performance analysis
- Perform the design and extension of data marts, meta data, and data models
- Ensure all data warehouse architecture codes are maintained in a version control system
Group Manager, Appl Development->> Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for all phases of the systems development and implementation process. Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc. Analyzes organizational needs for application development and interfaces with clients to ensure systems are developed that meet their business requirements. Oversees applications programming and analysis projects which include development, installation and maintenance of application programs. Leads analysis of organizational needs for development and implementation of applications. Interfaces regularly with clients and project managers to ensure that systems are developed to meet their business needs and specifications. Ensures the availability, integrity and stability of production systems by identifying appropriate resources to manage all systems and having a process in place to respond quickly to problems. Communicates and endorses strict adherence to development and quality standards and monitors adherence on an on-going basis. Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties. Acts as an advocate for change management, encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages one or more development teams. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 10 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industries is a plus.
- 7-10 years’ experience with Data Warehouse technical ownership and product management
- 7-10 years’ experience with Database platforms is required; HP Vertiga preferred
- 5-7 years of hands-on ETL framework experience; Pentaho experience is a preferred
- 5-7 years of Data modeling with experience in Dimensional and Transactional data modeling practices required
- Experience with Agile development methodology is preferred
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 10 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industries is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45305
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1604434