BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Head of New England Innovation Center
This Job May Be For You If:
- You can act as an evangelist for design thinking and agile development to drive quicker speed to market of solutions.
- You are able to build and maintain strong working relationships and engage in collaborative activities with clients, internal and external customers, and sponsors. This could include FinTech startups, incubators, accelerators and other key influencers.
- You have built and managed high-performing matrix teams.
- You can participate in the revenue generating process.
- You’re capable of leveraging resources in other teams to drive new sales, using the Innovation Center as a vehicle for engaging clients.
- You can collaborate or own, develop and convert a client pipeline from strategic engagement to prototype design and execution.
- You have experience in collaborating with colleagues on all public communications (including social media and client presentations).
- You understand the importance of establishing KPIs and maintaining a scorecard to promote transparency.
- You can engage with thought leaders both inside and outside the company to establish relationships, participate in events, and position the Innovation Center as a key contributor within the community. The Innovation Center Head is the primary point of contact for the center, hosting client engagements, employee engagements and external community engagements (e.g., meetups).
- · You understand the role of the Innovation Center in driving culture change within the company and attracting and retaining top talent.
We Are Looking for These Qualities and Skill Sets:
- A unique blend of business and technical savvy; we are excited to see your digital literacy and enthusiasm for emergent technology!
- Experience working within a Start Up, FinTech, Incubator / Accelerator - a ‘Blue Sky’ innovator who can drive execution against a given set of deliverables.
- Knowledge of the securities or financial services industry.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Passion for spending time with clients to understand their problems and find innovative solutions for clients and the broader market.
- Self-motivation, high energy, and a drive for excellence.
- Ability to seek out information and quickly build networks and establish collaborative relationships with multiple business stakeholders and external partners to align activities to key strategic initiatives.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo to drive innovation and change.
You Will Succeed By:
- Focusing on the Center’s three main objectives:
- CLIENT CO-CREATION: The joint exploration of how BNY Mellon's Digital capabilities (NEXEN, Digital Pulse, API, App Store, BXP) can be used to improve operational efficiency and the overall client experience. You are able to articulate either detailed knowledge of BNY Mellon's Digital capabilities or have a deep technical understanding of the types of technologies and techniques involved.
- EDUCATION: Educating colleagues, clients and regulators as well as the press, media and public at large. You are able to present to large groups of people internally and externally and can maximize the utilization of the Innovation Center for such purposes.
- FINTECH – Exploration of start-up businesses in the financial technology space. Such exploration should identify start-ups that may be of value to BNY Mellon and its customers. It is also the process of building relationships with such companies and ultimately integrating them into NEXEN. You are familiar with the start-up ecosystem processes and procedures in order to maximize our exploration of this industry sector.
- Aligning the New England Innovation Center with BNY Mellon’s network of Global Innovation Centers to front conversations with our clients, employees and other key stakeholders; promote digital and innovation capabilities, including Disruption and Lean/Agile execution techniques; and facilitate integration of successful prototypes into business deliverables.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 12+ years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon Investment Services provides a comprehensive range of services that are unrivaled in scale, precision and quality. Our services have the power to enhance transparency, maximize liquidity and mitigate risks.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley
Internal Jobcode: 45212
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: BNY Mellon Tech Solutions-HR07767
Requisition Number: 1610655