BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Payroll Administrator with German
- Ensures on-time 100% accurate monthly payroll for employees within their remit across multiple legal entities within their country
- Ensures that all statutory regulations and payments to third parties including regulatory and taxing bodies are in compliance with country law. Advises Country Managers and Senior HR Business Partners on all tax matters related to payroll and benefit provisioning within their remit.
- Ensures that Salary and Wages associated with all payroll and benefit related payments are accurate and properly posted to the correct General Ledger Accounts and ultimately to the P&L and Balance Sheets for multiple legal entities within the country of their remit. Works closely with the Country Financial Controllers.
- Ensures robust operating procedures and controls are in place for all transactions that feed ultimately into payroll to ensure compliance to internal and external audit and regulatory bodies.
- Execute and oversee on-time, accurate monthly payroll to all employees within remit.
- Ensure timely, authorized input from a multitude of sources in a tight window to prepare and submit base salary, one time incentive, variable pay elements and life-change/benefit related actions to payroll vendor(s) in accordance with pay calendars. Review Net Salary calculations as part of pre-payroll validations.
- Ensure that the PeopleSoft system of record matches related pay data. Run PeopleSoft HR queries. Review and resolve differences prior to pay. Release and validate employee payment files directly to banking partners within remit.
- Ensure employee pay statements are accurate and distributed timely. Receive, research and respond to all employee related enquiries. Liaise with HR Business Partners, Benefit and Compensation Administration, EMEA Central Services and Global Variable Compensation Operations on all activities associated with Pay.
- Meet all regulatory, tax, compliance, internal and external filings, third party payments and reporting requirements on a monthly and annual basis for all payroll and employee benefits for all legal entities and country within remit.
- Ensure timely accurate reporting of all financials tied to payroll processing to include posting directly to the P&L for Salary and Wages and Balance Sheet accounts. Assist Country Financial Controller in preparing financial statements and account reconcilements. Liaise with vendors and Finance to set-up or change all pay or benefit related elements.
- Assist with Managing relationship with local payroll vendor(s) and country specific regulatory and accounting bodies to ensure compliance with all country and work force related laws within remit. Assist with Preparing vendor performance metrics. Escalate issues to Senior HR funtional Management.
- Ensure robust operating procedures and document management practices are prepared, maintained and followed for all functions to comply with corporate policies, tax authorities, bank authorities and other statutory agencies within remit
- Support overall HR International Operations by cross training on a regular basis on country payrolls outside of remit. Provide back up support where necessary with direction from HR Operations Senior Management.
- Support Regional projects as directed by Head of International HR Operations. Support local HR Country Managers on ad hoc requests as approved by Head of International HR Operations. Prepare Monthly HR Management Dashboard on operational metrics and performance for Head of Global HR Operations and HR Chief Operating Officer.
- Assist in Leading Client Relationship meetings with country stakeholders in remit to review performance and track actionable items.
- Good organisational/prioritisation skills, working effectively to numerous deadlines
- Experience of German payroll and benefits tax legislation and regulatory requirements
- German language skills both written and spoken
- Ability to proactively manage risk and implement/maintain effective controls in an ever-changing environment
- Experience of managing and building effective working relationships with third party outsourced service providers/vendors
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Highly proficient in Excel and data analysis tools
- Ability to work independently with limited day to day supervision
- Keen to constantly challenge and process improve
- Experience of working in a large organisation but not necessarily in the Financial Services Sector
- Ideally educated to degree level
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Human Resources is invested in helping BNY Mellon achieve business success by building a winning, high-performance culture that stems from great talent, leadership, learning and diversity; and partnering with employees to provide the tools and resources necessary to support successful career growth and help ensure employees' wellbeing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Deleted Nodes-HR00000
Requisition Number: 1611028