BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Database Analyst - Open Source
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PaaS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
This person will be a member of the Database Engineering team focusing on developing database automation capabilities using our BXP private cloud and focusing on REST Based architecture.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- Responsible for Database Engineering and Architecture of Open source technologies like MongoDB, EDB Postgres, MariaDB.
- Responsible for developing Database Automation as part of DBaaS Service catalogue offered in the firm.
- Responsible for Operational Engineering and promoting operational efficiencies.
- Provide technical leadership and fully understand IaaS & PaaS components in our ecosystem.
- Proficient in strong communication and documentation of the services offered in DBaaS world.
- Responsible for Product Engineering, Certification, and evaluating emerging technologies.
Principal Database Analyst->> Provides senior-level consulting on complex and highly critical database issues. Develops data architectures and database management policies and standards for use within the organization. Provides senior level consulting in identifying and solving complex and highly critical database issues. Functions as a senior level resource on database management issues around policy and standards. Develops database management policies and standards. Participates in database strategic planning and consulting on database/system platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Keeps abreast of latest products and technology and their successful deployment in similar corporate settings. Assists database team in providing problem identification and complex resolution support through analysis and research. Participates in the design, implementation, and ongoing support for corporate database environments and associated network and system configurations as requested by related support groups. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; Advanced degree is beneficial.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in design and administration of logical and relational databases or systems analysis is required.
- Strong programing (Java) and scripting abilities using at least one of the following: Python, Ruby and REST API.
- Extensive hands on engineering experience with at least one of the enterprise DBMS: Oracle, MS SQL Server.
- Extensive hands on engineering experience with at least one of the Open Source DB products: MongoDB, Postgres, MariaDB.
- Good understanding of HDFS and any Hadoop distribution technologies.
- Strong understanding of Linux and Windows Internals.
- Extensive hands-on experience with one of the following products: Puppet, Blade logic and OEM for Automation.
- Good understanding of one of the following Cloud related products is a plus: Vsphere/ESX, Mesos, Docker and Flocker.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45180
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1703272