BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Business Continuity Region Manager
Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
The Business Continuity Manager (EMEA) is responsible for driving the Global Business Continuity discipline and ensuring adherence to Bank policy and regulatory expectations across the EMEA region. The job holder manages both the technical and business recovery aspects of Business Continuity for the EMEA Region, which includes:
Manage critical events that may disrupt business operations. Alert and invoke the local Crisis Management Team and Global Business Continuity Management. Incumbent will be the "in region" resource to help lead recovery efforts to resume business activity for all crisis situations, with the support of the overall corporation as appropriate.
Manage complex risk assessment and business resilience planning activities for the region, including the development of business recovery strategies, solutions, and plans, with the lines of business. The incumbent will be actively involved with (new) businesses moving into the region to insure that plans are created and/or updated as appropriate, and that new risks are identified and communicated (e.g., concentration of risks). Evaluate and recommend business recovery strategies to the businesses to ensure the corporation’s readiness and survival during and following a crisis. S/he manages the origination and testing of corporate business recovery plans. S/he also reports the effectiveness of business recovery plan testing within the assigned component to executive management. S/he is responsible for educating users on the business continuity requirements, process and tools that are part of the corporate Global Business Continuity program.
Manage the testing and validation of recovery of the technology infrastructure for the region. This includes system availability, accessibility to data, and network connectivity.
Manage all of the third party contracts across for Business Continuity and provide oversight for related Technology contracts.
Maintain a relationship and liaise with appropriate regulators, and internal/ external auditors for all matters relating to BCP in the region.
Review of regional third party service provider contracts as they relate to BCP.
Represent BNY Mellon's Business Continuity program to clients and respond to RFP and Due diligence requirements for all of the business lines in the region.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
Support the augmentation of BNY Mellon's Business Continuity program by providing on-site support for the EMEA region. Manage the testing activities of all business recovery and technology tests to ensure the corporation can respond to any major interruption to its critical businesses.
Lead and support the business line managers by consulting with them on the businesses recovery planning process. Evaluate the business recovery plans for weaknesses and recommend necessary modifications to the appropriate management level to ensure regulatory compliance and the ability to recover vital businesses. Responsible for educating business recovery coordinators and plan owners on the corporation's business continuity program recovery planning software and recovery methodology.
Manage actual business disruption events as they occur in the region. Work with all business units to develop and ensure effective crisis management processes that allow critical business functions to be resumed within defined timetables and acceptable risk factors. Insure employee awareness of crisis management activities, including life safety activities, via the business recovery coordinators.
Monitor and insure that all local regulatory requirements are met.
Follow and maintain established enterprise wide standards and procedures for business continuity.
Meet with clients and support business needs for RFPs, due diligences, and other customer inquiries.
Requirements; (what we are looking for)
- Broad view of BNY Mellon's businesses and functions as well as the financial services industry as a whole.
- Significant experience in Business Continuity.
- Experience with current Crisis Management system and other crisis management tools. Extensive knowledge of Crisis Management, Business Recovery and Technology Recovery methods, standards, policies, tools and processes as well as knowledge of compliance, legal, internal/external audit and regulatory requirements.
- In-depth understanding of disaster recovery architectures as well as desk top and network connectivity recovery practices. Understanding of the company's critical businesses to enable proper and complex risk assessments, business recovery strategy design and implementation of these strategies. In-depth knowledge of the company's total computing environment including major roles, interdependencies, and organizational responsibilities.
- Superior decision making and strong problem solving skills required, as the incumbent must be able to deal with critical issues as they arise, on a 24 by 7 basis. Issues span all of the disciplines (Business Operations, Human Resources, Real Estate, Corporate Security, Technology and Operations) as well as all Business Lines in the region. Issues must be responded to as they occur.
- Ability to manage and analyze complex environments, taking into account multiple platforms, multiple data centres, multiple locations, and multiple recovery locations.
- Strong problem solving and program execution skills. Strong expertise in the collaboration, facilitation and coordination of multiple businesses across multiple countries and locations.
- Experience raising awareness of solid Business Continuity processes across the region. Must adapt easily to changing circumstances and dynamic environments.
- Incumbent must be able to work with the businesses to help design resilient business recovery and technology recovery solutions. The inability to properly recover can have grave consequences for the business, as well as the corporation, and ultimately the corporation's customers. Incumbent must be able to present to clients of any of the businesses, as well as serve as the liaison with regulators and auditors on an ongoing basis.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and collaboration skills required.
- S/he must be comfortable interacting with team members, Senior IT Management, and Senior Business Management and Business Recovery Coordinations.
- S/he must be adept at building and motiving technical teams and possess ability to build strategic relationships and influence people at all levels of the organization.
- S/he must be able to track multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in making presentation to senior management, customers and regulators is required. Incumbent must be adept at project management, multi-tasking and negotiation. S/he must be able to provide appropriate counsel to and influence various levels of staff within the corporation.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 32763
Organization: Global Business Continuity-HR06383
Requisition Number: 1704739