BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Specialist Developer (HCM PeopleSoft Administrator - HRMS, Payroll and Self Service)
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- 2+ years PeopleSoft Development experience plus 2+ years PeopleSoft Admin experience
- 2+ years PeopleTools 8.5x experience
- Technical knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft v9.2 HR/Payroll/Self Service and Manager Self Service modules, PeopleTools v8.5x, PeopleCode, Application Engine, SQR, PeopleSoft Messaging, Import Manager, Payroll Interface and Data Mover, Oracle, Oracle Utilities, SQL, Perl
- Java, HTML5 and Angular JS experience is a plus
- Hands on PeopleSoft upgrade experience – participation as the technical lead preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle RDBMS including space management, writing and tuning SQL statements, table sizing, schema maintenance.
- Experience with PeopleSoft version upgrades
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux/Unix operating system
- Very organized, capable of managing several concurrent initiatives
- Thorough understanding of development and testing methodologies.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1704752