BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Specialist Information Security Analyst – SOC/Security Monitoring
As a Senior Cyber Threat Analyst, you will be given the opportunity to teach a team of security analysts about both traditional and unconventional ways to detect, analyze, and mitigate potential intrusions and other security incidents. The candidate will join a team currently responsible for providing investigative response for security events including but not limited to intrusion detection, malware infections, denial of service attacks, privileged account misuse and network breaches. Candidates must be willing to work in a SOC environment, demonstrate strong problem solving skills, have experience in various toolsets and best practices, able to critically think, and allow for flexible scheduling.
Shift is either of:
• 3:00PM-11:00PM, Tuesday-Saturday (Limited scheduling flexibility available)
• 3:00PM-11:00PM, Sunday-Thursday (Limited scheduling flexibility available)
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Collects, analyzes, and enriches event information and perform threat or target analysis duties.
• Interprets, analyzes, and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with Computer Network Directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
• Manages and executes multi-level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents.
• Providing reporting and metrics around security monitoring by designing dashboards for asset owners and management consumption.
• Coordinates and distributes directives, vulnerability, and threat advisories to identified consumers.
• Develops focused reporting and briefings for advanced cyber threats and activity to various teams and leaders.
• Provides correlation and trending of Program’s cyber incident activity
• Create TTPs, AARs, and ability to do deep dive investigations on complex incidents.
• Improving the service level for security operations and monitoring. Creating and maintaining system documentation for security event processing.
• Author Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training documentation.
• Act a SME and trainer to T2 and T1 personal as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline with a minimum of 8 years related technical experience is required for a level 3 role. An additional 2 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• Must have at least two (2) certifications, from a respectable security organization (e.g. based on U.S. DOD8570 standard)
• Background in hands on computer and networking experience to include an understanding of TCP/IP, routing, and major Internet protocols.
• Understanding of network, desktop and server technologies, including experience with network intrusion methods, network containment, segregation techniques and technologies such as Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS)
• 5+ years Intrusion monitoring, incident response and mitigation, web application security, threat research or intelligence analysis.
• Ability to read and write scripts in various languages. (php, ksh, powershell, SQL, and similar)
• 5+ years using ArcSight, Splunk, and/or similar SEIM experience.
• Candidates must be willing to work in an on-call situation as well as needed per rotation.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to provide technical thought leadership on security incident investigation calls with other technology teams, and the ability to translate complex technical concepts into plain English for consumption by non-technical audiences
• Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
• Experience and proficiency in a various toolsets and best practices.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60155
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1704862