BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Data Analyst (Big Data Analytics / Modeling)
Lead Data Analyst->> Analyzes application requirements and develops conceptual, logical and first-cut physical database designs (data models). Creates associated data model documentation such as entity and attribute definitions and formats. Assists in logical data designs to deliver stable and flexible high performance data solutions. Investigates and corrects data discrepancies by reconciling faulty codes. Provides data element naming consistent with standards and conventions and ensures that data dictionaries are maintained across multiple database environments (mainframe, distributed systems). Ensures data content/quality by planning and conducting moderately complex data warehouse system tests, monitoring test results and taking required corrective action. Acts as a liaison to data owners to establish necessary data stewardship responsibilities (accountability for a particular data element/verifying accuracy of the data element before loading it into the database) and procedures. Analyzes and designs data models, logical databases and relational database definitions using both forward and backward engineering techniques. Seeks opportunities to promote data sharing, and to reduce redundant data processes within the corporation by identifying common structures across application areas. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
Additional Responsibilities:This role will be responsible for analyzing data to assist in building and maintaining and Data Lake. Strong analytical background and problem solving skills using statistical analysis is required. This role will work with business clients, IT to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into functional and technical requirements documentation, process models, and data models to build the data lake and enable BI and Analytics for internal and external customers. The role will grow to apply data analytics /data science to provide insights and business intelligence to discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver actionable insights. The ideal candidate should be proficient in technical languages and will have a demonstrated track record of successfully working with structured and big data systems. This role will interface with business stakeholders to solve complex business problems using many available data analysis techniques. Additional Details:
- Analyze and model structured and unstructured data and implement solutions to support analysis
- Utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as Big Query including the variety of tools in Hadoop, Vertica, Alteryx and Tableau
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses to build and define solutions to solve business problem uncovering trends and relationships
- Build analytical solutions and models by manipulating large data sets and integrating diverse data sources
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and develop reproducible analytical approaches to meet business requirements.
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
- Apply machine learning and statistical techniques to large data sets to find actionable insights.
- Research new analysis and modeling techniques and evolving technologies
- Present results and recommendations to senior management and business users.
- Lead & manage data augmentation, clean up and data quality issue resolution.
- Responsible for providing line of sight to data quality and gaps where issues need to be addressed.
- Validate that programs are operating on clean, correct and useful data
- Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains internal and external data.
- Homogenize the performance of the database and optimize system resources
- Communicate the business value of technical solutions
- Works with enterprise wide business and IT senior management to understand and prioritize data and information
- Optimizes the performance and champions usage of enterprise business intelligence tools, big data solutions, and analytics tool by defining data capture, methods to present and store that add value to the user
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. 4-6 years of experience in data modeling, data warehousing, data entity analysis, logical and relational database design, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Experience in a SQL intensive role
Common data science libraries (Python or R)
Data visualization tools - D3.js, High Charts, etc
Statistics skills such as: distributions, statistical testing, regression etc.
Hadoop, Vertica, Alteryx and Tableau
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45092
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1705289