BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Mgr, Appl Development - Data Governance
- Lead and manage the IT function responsible for the suite of tools supporting data governance. Will have responsibility for implementation, integration, and improvement over the tools used to define the Bank’s data, measure the quality of the Bank’s data, and provide lineage on how critical data elements are derived from source to report. The position will focus on delivering capability that allows the Chief Data Governance Officer to establish and ensure adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, both at the department and Business and Functional area levels.
- The IT Lead for Data Governance Tools serves as a point of escalation for data governance tool capability enrichment, and non-functional support. The Lead will work closely with the Data Governance team to define tool vision, architecture, and execution roadmap.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of enterprise services supporting business glossary, data quality rules, data scorecards, and data lineage across the enterprise
- In conjunction with the Data Governance Team, establish and deliver an enterprise data governance tool implementation roadmap identifying strategic priorities for capability development
- Serve as a IT liaison between Business and Functional areas and the Data Governance Team to ensure that data related tools/services are clearly defined, communicated and well understood from a consumption perspective
- In conjunction with the Data Governance Team, provide progress reports indicating tool adoption in support of the data governance mandate
- Resolve issues escalated from the Data Governance Team, and the Business and Functional areas data governance representatives
- Integrate and streamline the use of the data within the data governance tool suite by exposing that data via service related API’s
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a major financial services organization, with large-scale data or project management and oversight experience.
- 5 years in a senior IT management role, with change or transformation leadership experience.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data lineage practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management
- Demonstrate ability to manage adversity and challenging situations
- Highest personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics
- Ability to articulate vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission
- Willingness to take change and provide direction
- Results orientation, willingness to commit to a direction and drive execution to expectation
- Ability to manage senior relationships with the Data Governance Team, and across all the Business and Functional areas
- Ability to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships
- Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes and resolve conflicts and negotiate with others
- Collaborative team player
Project Oversight and Decisioning
- Highly developed skills in priority setting - alignment of project priorities and expectation management with Data Governance team
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals and deliverables
- Ability to get to make sound and timely decisions to resolve problems
People Management and Development
- Ability to develop people, skills in coaching, mentoring, and teaching on the job
- Ability to identify and recruit talent, including identifying right people for vendor tool management, and API development
- Skills at performance management, recognizing and rewarding performance and identifying development needs
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect and cooperation across the Data Management & Architecture team, and with the data governance tools business owners
Lead Manager, Appl Development->> Manages a small to medium-sized team responsible for all phases of the systems development and implementation process. Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc. Manages the development of design requirements, designs, tests, documents and implements systems and programs. Manages staff in ensuring systems are developed to meet clients' business needs and expectations. Provides training in technical tools and skills, as well as specific applications and their business functions to Completes final testing for conformance to standards and adherence to design specifications. Manages the development of modifications as needed. Develops, enhances, and maintains quality application systems to support the client area. Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties. Encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions. Participates in the recruiting process, instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of other applications developers, prepares performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback. Manages a development team. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. 8 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45276
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1705353