BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Developer - Digital Pulse Engineering
Digital Pulse is BNY Mellon's
evidence based analytics system which process data at a massive scale, allowing
machine learning and analytical algorithms to run on top of the data we have,
generating analytics in real-time and near real-time, using streaming
technologies that we are actively building out. The system will allow the user
to ask questions and provide deep insights into your processes, allowing for
We are seeking an extremely talented Principal Engineer, who brings the mindset and drive to be a part of building a world-class product, and will be responsible for designing and developing and implementing data pipelines, major features of the product in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery environment.
This is a highly visible and critical role within BNY Mellon's Innovation Center.
We are always considering adding new
tools such as Apache Flink and Druid.
We are not expecting you to have experience with everything in our tech stack. All relevant experience will be considered.
There are, however, a few technical skills which are must-haves:
- Development experience in a java web environment (java, REST web services)
- Experience with data structures and algorithms
- Experience with highly distributed systems drawing from extremely large data sets (both structured and unstructured will be considered)
- Positive attitude and the ability to learn and listen-- overall a great team player
- Preferably a Master's in Computer Science or a B.Sc in Computer Science along with hands-on experience in dealing with large data sets and distributed computing in Big Data and systems using Hadoop
- Proficiency in Java or Scala, writing software for distributed systems
- Experience in designing and developing RESTful API and WebServices
- Experience in writing software with Hadoop or Spark
- Experience around developing code for large clusters with huge volumes of data – streaming as well as batch code.
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- At least 3 years of experience with and strong understanding of Big Data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem – Hive, HDFS, Map/Reduce, Yarn, Pig, Oozie, HBase, Sqoop, etc
- At least 1 year of data streaming; Spark, Kafka, Storm
- At least 1 year of NoSQL Database; Druid, Cassandra, Hbase
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: APP Platform & Services-HR06429
Requisition Number: 1708010