BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
General Graduate Opportunities - Cork
The Senior Fund Accountant is primarily responsible for the timely preparation and calculation of client NAVS in accordance with BNY Mellon standard operating procedures. He/ She will also be responsible for the delivery of ad hoc client service deliveries while also assisting with the training/mentoring of Fund Accountants.
- Sign-off on daily checklists for all net asset values (NAVs) prepared by you.
- Ensure the NAVs are accurately prepared for Supervisor review and reported within deadlines.
- Provision of fund accounting/administration services:
- Preparation and calculation of accurate NAVs across all funds.
- Adhere to The Bank of New York Mellon standard procedures and controls.
- Prepare cash and asset reconciliations for review and sign off by Supervisor.
- Perform price tolerance checks.
- Reconciliations to Phoenix records.
- Communicate any operational issues that arise to Supervisor.
- Maintain daily/monthly files as selected by fund Supervisor in a manner suitable for future review by Supervisor and internal auditors.
- Provide non-daily services to all clients as directed by Supervisor. Client services:
- Ensure client concerns/requests are addressed as soon as possible and within an agreed timetable.
- Keep Supervisor informed of any issues and their progress and highlighting any client concerns/complaints as a matter of urgency.
- Ensure client specific monthly checklists as allocated by Supervisor are completed according to the agreed timetable for review by Supervisor.
- Maintain a friendly but professional relationship for all dealings with clients.
- Be proactive in identifying potential client issues. Work scheduling:
- Ensure annual leave is communicated to line Supervisor/Manager at least four weeks in advance.
- Ensure work allocated by Supervisors is completed in a timely, accurate fashion within agreed deadlines. Miscellaneous:
- Ensure all filing allocated is no more than 2 days behind at any stage.
- Ensure daily time sheets are updated and that Supervisor clears all overtime in advance.
What we are looking for: Skills and Qualifications
- Third level qualification in business related discipline
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Communication skills.
- PC literacy.
- Ability to assist in, and implement, the planning of work.
- High level of accuracy and professionalism.
- 2 years’ work experience in the funds industry or similar environment is preferable though not essential.
QualificationsThis is a talent pipeline posting.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Cork-
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: PCSD62
Organization: Asset Servicing-HR06026
Requisition Number: 1708494