BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Architect, Application Development - Java
Client Technology Solutions (CTS) has a mission to provide our business partners with technology based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
CTS is seeking an experienced IT architect with a proven track record to develop the next generation global cash management services platform.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Assessing current state architectures and developing target state blueprints and transformational roadmaps to achieve strategic organizational objectives.
· Defining application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools.
· Participating in the evaluation and implementation of vendor software and tools.
· Providing technical guidance to cross-functional, cross-platform application development teams.
· Acting as a consultant and subject matter expert to influence development strategies.
· Participating in mapping the technology-independent business architectures to the chosen technology platform and infrastructures.
· Conducting reviews and analyzes organizational needs to make strategic recommendations regarding the development and implementation of application platforms and services.
· Staying abreast of the latest technology infrastructures and development processes in the industry and marketplace.
· Determining application technical infrastructure components such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, testing approach, and tools.
· Advocating for change to deliver innovative solutions that meet client needs.
Principal Architect, Application Development->> Designs technical infrastructure for applications and assists in defining application tools. Develops the applications architecture and blueprints which reflect business logic of the section or division. Defines application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools. Participates in the evaluation and implementation of vendor application software and tools. Provides technical guidance to cross-functional, cross-platform application development teams. Consults on integration and conversion activities, experiences and considerations. Acts as subject matter expert, as needed. Participates in mapping the technology-independent applications architecture to the chosen technology platform. Conducts reviews and analyses organizational needs to make recommendations regarding the development and implementation of applications. Stays abreast of the latest technology infrastructure and processes in the industry and marketplace. Makes recommendations to use innovative, creative approaches as appropriate to meet client needs. Helps resolve high-impact, moderately complex system problems affecting multiple applications or across multiple platforms using the appropriate debugging tools and techniques such as probes, animators, traces, sniffers and dumps. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
· Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in enterprise architecture, analysis, design, and hands-on application development is required.
· Experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
· Knowledge of the Agile methodology for Software Development (prefer Scrum) a plus.
· Experience working closely with offshore staff is a must.
· Deep understanding of the software development life cycle.
· Experience with complex system integration projects.
· Experience working with business analysts, project managers and technical architects in multiple geographical areas and off-shore time zones.
· Strong analytical skills, excellent problem solver and self-starter.
· Able to articulate and summarize complex solutions through technical discussions.
· Can work collaboratively to perform complex troubleshooting, root-cause analyses, and solution development.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work in a team environment.
· Java 7, Java 8
· Test-driven development: Junit, FitNesse
· J2EE / Tomcat
· Spring: MVC, REST, Data, Boot
· Messaging - JMS / MQ
· Source control - Git (preferred) or SVN
· Confluence / Jira Agile Tools
· Extensive experience in Core Java concepts such as JavaBeans, Collections Frameworks, and Multi-threading etc.
· Proficient in using XML Suite of Technologies (XML, XSL, XSLT, DTD, XML Schema, SAX, DOM).
Preferred Technical Skills:
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45015
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1709154