BNY Mellon Careers
System Engineer SRE - TSG Group
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
We are searching for outstanding candidates who are passionate about building and running some of the largest and most complex software artifacts on the planet and who have the ability to quickly understand how something works that they may never have seen before. They thrive to automate everything through code, and will help us make the journey through to a true no-ops model, identifying and automating end-to-end operational processes to deliver fast, efficient, and consistent results.
We look for the ability to solve problems with software, whether that’s been acquired from a textbook or at the school of hard knocks. Troubleshooting skills and the ability to unpack a problem into smaller pieces, identify possible causes, triage, and do so systematically are essential to this position. These skills could have been acquired through debugging code, operating a network, building hardware, or in other, entirely unrelated domains, however the cognitive skills and approaches to problem-solving are subject-matter agnostic and critical to have, regardless of a candidate’s background.
An ideal Site Reliability Engineer will have a broad range of skills across a number of systems. They engineer services, and are adept at making changes to an environment safely. We also expect our SRE’s to be collaborate and inclusive to produce great results.
Our team is currently involved in the following:
- Greenfield – designing and building new platform with no technical debt
- Multi datacenter, multi-region application and infrastructure containerization and orchestration
- OS and Image Build Automation
- Hosting complex Apps in a containerized environment
- Comprehensive postmortems
- Scaling and building fault tolerant systems
- Secrets Delivery
- Chaos Testing
- Automation, automation, automation!
- Develop, engineer, and automate every operational process feasible to limit human interaction
- Reduce human, manual toil through tooling and automation
- Engineer products to be fault tolerant, resilient, and scalable
- Respond quickly and resolve incidents aligned with a Site’s SLOs and SLA
- Participate actively in Code Reviews
- Write clear and concise documentation around procedures and processes
- Actively participate and deliver postmortems in line with our postmortem culture
- Drive a blameless, inclusive, and collaborative environment across teams
- Exhibit ownership of action items resulting from postmortem and following them through to implementation and release
- Investigate issues across multiple internal teams as well as external vendors
- Uphold SDLC standards and release automation
- Be deliberate and use data to make decisions, not intuition
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with Linux, Docker and SRE or DevOps needed.
- Experience with automation and configuration management – Ansible, Puppet or Salt.
- Experience with fault and performance monitoring using tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Moogsoft or Influxdb
- Experience with the architecture and implementation of PaaS software such as Cloud Foundry, Mesos / Marathon, or Kubernetes.
- Deep understanding of Linux and OS Tuning.
- Experience with troubleshooting complex problems and finding root cause in Linux systems.
- Experience with virtualization technologies – kvm, vmware, etc.
- Deep understanding of how to build fault tolerance and scalability systems.
- Experience with Python – preferred or any other programming language.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, continuous integration and deployment, code reviews, testing, pipelines, git, Jenkins, etc.
- Good understanding of building, deploying, and maintaining critical applications in a cloud based environment.
- Grasp of software engineering skills in modular design, data structures, algorithms, and UNIX systems development.
What we can offer you:
- Challenging, fun and supportive environment within the Site Reliability Engineering world, a discipline developed by Google which has become the latest and greatest concept in management and automation of large disparate systems
- Work with state of the art enterprise and cutting edge technologies like docker, mesos, marathon, nomad, packer, vault, ansible, salt, consul, terraform, nexus, artifactory, ci/cd, influxdb, grafana, prometheus, gitlab, jenkins, vmware, azure, rhel, illumio, tanium, veritas cluster, solarix, aix, cloudbolt, chaos monkey, openscap, and many more.
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60144
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1709189