BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst - Team Lead
The incumbent supports enterprise-level quantification of risk to support decision-making by senior management and the board of directors. This risk quantification will include three key areas of analysis:
1) Risk-adjusted profitability: Develop frameworks, methodologies and tools to support Risk-adjusted profitability in the current regulatory context; such methodologies will include regulatory requirements as constraints as well as capture the economic risks that the firm is exposed to. Answers to key strategic questions posed by senior management.
2) Enhancement of the existing Enterprise Risk profile to represent an ongoing view of the firm and standing compared to our Risk Appetite. This includes the establishment and ongoing oversight of key measures of risk across all risk domains (Credit, Market, Operational, Business and Liquidity Risk, etc.). Development of methodologies to monitor and forecast Enterprise Risk profile.
3) Enhancements to Risk Materiality Framework to assess Enterprise level impact of the set of Risk Events in the Risk Inventory in support of CCAR.
Under the direction of the Head Enterprise Risk Analytics, the Manager will:
• Manage a team of 4 quantitative analysts at BNY Mellon Science in Wroclaw and act as point of contact for the Enterprise Risk Analytics team in Wroclaw
• Lead Enterprise Analytical Engagements, including the development of models and analytical tools, production of impeccable documentation and interaction with the Model Risk Management team
• Effectively partner with other analytical contributors at BNY Mellon to make effective use of existing tool set to serve enterprise needs
Qualifications• Superb quantitative and analytical background, coupled with strong programming, documentation and communications skills.
• Strong managerial skills: time management, multitasking, and effective in high-paced environment.
• Master's Degree/PhD in a quantitative discipline preferred (e.g., Finance, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or Engineering).
• Deep and diverse experience in Risk & Finance across multiple financial institutions.
• Understanding of Enterprise Risk Management related topics: Economic Capital, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Capital/Liquidity Risk, Asset & Liability CCAR, the regulatory environment, Enterprise Risk Frameworks
• Experience in establishing and maintaining statistical models, monitoring their input parameters, and ensuring that the models are documented and validated consistent with industry best practice and company policy
• Strong programming experience, preferably in R, MATLAB, SAS.
• Excellent scientific and technical documentation and presentation skills, assertiveness & influencing skills, and the skills to explain abstract theoretical concepts to a non-expert audience in easy-to-understand language
Minimum of M. Sc. or other advanced degree. 10 years of directly relevant work experience including extensive Risk management, Finance and Quantitative Analytics, 15 years preferred.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes. Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data. BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.- BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 30362
Requisition Number: 1710808