BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Analyst, Corporate Actions
Responsible for performing mandatory and voluntary corporate action-related custody and accounting processing requirements, such as dividend payments, reorganization/proxy, bond redemption, etc. Also responsible for managing and controlling high levels of risk and liability inherent in the various functions and for reconciliation activities, client reporting and proration on transactions.
- Responsible for proactively recognizing, researching and processing moderately intricate mandatory and voluntary corporate action events. Responsibilities include the daily interpretation, monitoring, scrubbing and notification of complex corporate action events in the global market as well as the reconcilement, monitoring and posting of entitlements to client accounts. Balances entitlements and processes liability notices, dividend and interest payments, and class action suits. Determines impact of events and disseminates information regarding event to investors and client accounts.
- Responsible for identifying root causes in monthly reviews and developing corrective actions.
- Responsible for reviewing cash reconciliations, security and suspense transactions reviews adhering to established quality control measures and procedures.
- Responsible for researching and responding to inquiries from internal business groups, depositories, agents, brokers, clients, Investment Managers, sub custodians and/or custodians.
- Works on multiple systems to perform corporate action processing, including creating and scrubbing announcements, sending client instructions to third parties, and, posting online cash and security transactions. May participate in the development of documentation that is circulated to the market.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, expected to have an understanding of all corporate action procedures, corporate action events and market practices.
- No direct reports but may provide guidance to less experienced team members. May have people management responsibilities in some geographies.
- Contributes to the achievement of team goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in financial services or corporate actions preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-
Internal Jobcode: 70451
Organization: Global Securities Ops-HR06423
Requisition Number: 1711368