BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Financial SOX Compliance & Control Specialist
This posting joins a team of professional staff responsible for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Financial Reporting Controls and Compliance for all BNY Mellon International locations (primarily Europe, but also including Asia and Latin America). This team of five is based in the Manchester office and offers a high profile opportunity for the successful candidate to make their mark both with the SOX group and within the wider Finance function.
Reporting to the Manager of SOX Compliance - Finance, you will be part of a team of experienced SOX Compliance professionals evaluating internal controls in the Finance and other business segments of the Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon). While you'll be based primarily at our Manchester location, you can expect occasional travel (up to 25%). As a Financial SOX Compliance & Controls Specialist, you will continually evaluate processes and controls throughout BNY Mellon's lines of business which includes Investment Management, Investment Services, BNY Mellon Markets Group and Business Partners. The Financial SOX Compliance & Controls Specialist will:
• Execute and document SOX Compliance and regulatory reporting controls testing throughout the organization including documentation of processes and controls and evaluation of control design and operating effectiveness.
• Participate in an advisory capacity on non-SOX projects that have internal control implications.
• Provide written and verbal communications to senior executives on SOX Compliance and regulatory reporting controls related issues.
• Liaise with external auditors and internal auditors for SOX compliance and regulatory reporting controls related issues.
• Work with minimal supervision completing work under tight deadlines.
This role includes excellent growth potential within Finance and can also serve as a gateway to other areas within BNY Mellon. Your success will largely derive from your technical and analytical abilities as you take on multiple projects/tasks within tight timelines. The quality of your work product will also be key and should demonstrate attention to detail and sound judgment.
This incumbent will manage activities relating to implementing a comprehensive evaluation and assessment of the design and effectiveness of financial controls of the assigned department(s). This evaluation and assessment will be designed to comply with Sarbanes Oxley regulations and provide thorough and reliable information and recommendations for improvement in financial controls to the Board of Directors and management
• Individual should have 5 years plus of accounting/audit experience.
• Fully Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA
• CPA or MBA or local equivalent preferred.
• Experienced at working with complex departments.
• Superior oral and written communication skills and in-depth knowledge of auditing and accounting principles.
• Strong interpersonal skills and sound, objective judgment required. Working knowledge of US GAAP and IT audit experience and /or qualification is preferred.
• Working experience with a Big 4 Firm is preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 06848
Requisition Number: 1711417