BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Data Management and Quantitative Analysis
Senior Specialist Data Management And Quantitative Analysis
Data Governance Senior Specialist is a member of the Enterprise Risk Data Quality and Risk Data Governance function in ERI. The role will work closely with data owners & stewards to ensure BCBS 239 and any regulation required is compliant. Data Governance Senior Specialist will Assess and measure information quality, Determine the root cause of data issues, implement solutions, and measure results. The role is responsible for data quality and identifying critical items with reports’ owners.
- Leads the development of statistical, financial and/or econometric models for analysing asset performance, client reference data, securities data, derivative pricing, risk exposure or other sophisticated concepts.
- Provides analytical and project leadership for assigned area.
- Independently conducts advanced, complex statistical and quantitative analyses for assigned area.
- Collaborates with management to develop and implement the techniques and methodologies to be used for each type of activity/analysis.
- Leads data modelling and quantitative analysis projects and serves as resource to less experienced colleagues.
- Uses technology tools to conduct analyses.
- Applies techniques such as SQL and querying and macro development to extract data for populating models. As an advanced user, may do some light programming or system configuration in order set up sophisticated models or algorithms.
- Works with management to evaluate and select the most appropriate technologies.
- Has a deep understanding of the relevant processes and products in assigned area and which analyses, methodologies and approaches best support assessment of performance, risk, or valuation.
- Leads complex projects in support of new or evolving processes/products or for initiatives with cross-functional or enterprise-wide impact. Interprets findings, prepares standard and ad-hoc reports and delivers results to management and/or other leaders.
- Provides recommendations for addressing observed outcomes.
- Translates complex technical concepts and analyses to non-technical audiences.
- Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues.
- Has no formal supervisory responsibility but may provide work oversight for to more junior analysts and provide input into their performance assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL would be a plus
- High-level knowledge of relational database management systems, data architecture, and data modeling
- 6 + years of experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70124
Requisition Number: 1711629