BNY Mellon Careers
Group Manager, Fund/Client Accounting
- Direct multiple Fund Accounting teams that are responsible for conducting accounting services on behalf of a broad array of assigned clients including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses, and preparing reports.
- Responsible for the financial and human resources for the unit and ensures assigned teams are operating effectively to meet unit goals and objectives. Direct processes and allocation of resources in determining the net asset value (NAV) for assigned funds in multiple sectors for each measurement cycle. Manage relationships with a broad set of clients and resolves any unique escalated issues related to fund calculations and accounting.
- Direct and set priorities for processes that check for the completeness and accuracy of disclosure in financial statements.
- Provide guidance to teams managed to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Resolve complex escalated issues from team members.
- Evaluate GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
- Develop strategy for and provides guidance to teams on the implementation of new policies to follow regulations.
- Implement and assist in setting guidelines, policies, and priorities for the drafting of financial reports for a broad set of clients to review fund performance. Communicate reports and complex accounting intricacies to clients.
- Recruit, direct, motivate and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Oversee relationships with auditors and clients to make changes to financial reports and ensure they accurately depict fund performance.
- Manage multiple Fund/Client Accounting teams.
- Contribute to the achievement of multiple teams objectives
· Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in the fund administration industry with exposure to end-to-end processing.
· Experience in managing managers
· Strong working knowledge of fund products and instruments particularly from a fund accounting perspective.
· Good working knowledge of international accounting standards.
· Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Team player, with strong oral, written and interpersonal communication.
· Good organizational skills and strong in building effective teams
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70504
Organization: Glb Inst Acctg Risk Solutions-HR14005
Requisition Number: 1711857