BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
The AML/KYC Center of Excellence (CoE) ensures that BNY Mellon complies with ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) Legislation for all applicable local jurisdictions and the Bank’s own Internal KYC Policies. The AML/KYC CoE Team forms part of the Enterprise Client Onboarding and Global Tax Operations.
The AML/KYC team perform due diligence on New Clients (New Business) and existing Clients (Periodic Reviews), in line with applicable regulation and Bank Policy.
The KYC Specialist will be responsible for the preparation/completion of customer AML/KYC profiles of all risk ratings and entity types for New Business and Periodic Review, working closely with the business lines to ensure timely completion.
The KYC Specialist will:
- Be expected to be familiar with internal and external Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements.
- Be responsible for the administrative tasks associated with KYC account set ups and renewals.
- Assist the various lines of business and ultimately the Bank to meet Global and Local Regulatory obligations as well as ensuring industry best practise is followed, with consideration for competitive compliance solutions where appropriate.
- Participate in calls with the various lines of business we support.
- Participate in KYC related projects as required.
- Interface with Internal Clients, Compliance, Business Lines, Client Services and Quality Assurance Teams.
- Participate in intra-department training and may be required to act as a training partner/buddy for a new hire or as part of a cross training initiative, assisting the CoE Management Team with training materials and/or working to develop and implement new processes.
- Have the ability to recognise and address areas of concern, escalating as necessary to the AML/KYC Team Leader.
- Ensure the allocated KYC reviews are undertaken within prescribed timeframes and to the prescribed standards as per policy.
- Create and maintain accurate KYC profiles on the internal KYC system ensuring and supporting KYC documentation is obtained in accordance with global and regulatory requirements.
- Review QSS alerts.
- AML/KYC experience is an advantage.
- Basic understanding of AML KYC principals.
- Have extensive research skills to aid establishing and/or validating required information and documentation.
- Must also know when to communicate issues to their Team Members, Team Leader and/or Manager.
- Be highly motivated, organized, detail orientated with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills are required with proficiency in MS Outlook applications and Outlook.
- Able to partner with people of various levels and across all divisions.
- Motivated team members with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Be flexible with working hours.
- Have attention to detail.
- Able to interact in a team.
- Able to understand and be part of a Global Model.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Internal Jobcode: 70311
Organization: Client Onboarding & Tax-HR12124
Requisition Number: 1712010