BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Risk Manager - Markets, Investment Services
The Corporation's Risk and Compliance program requires each business unit to establish appropriate risk management and compliance controls based on the identification of specific business line related risks. The candidate will work with all business units in Asia Pacific Markets to assure that each adequately identifies and incorporates appropriate controls for managing risk and other strategic concerns within their risk management systems. Current businesses in Asia Pacific are Foreign Exchange, Securities Finance, Collateral Management, and Liquidity Services, with expansion likely in the future. The incumbent advises/assists each business unit in evaluating and documenting its existing processes and any control gaps that may appear. Business Risk Managers are responsible for assessing, monitoring and reporting on the risks inherent in the business activities of the first line and oversee the application of the Risk Management Framework. The principal risks in the context of the job are operational, fiduciary, reputational, business and strategic risks.
· The incumbent will work with Senior Business and Risk Executives to achieve the stated objectives and assist with solving risk issues as well as identifying emerging risks. This position will assist with supporting the evolution of the Risk Framework and risk practices on a going forward basis.
· He/She will provide written analysis, review and addressing all risk activities related to Markets’ businesses in order to minimize risk liabilities for the company.
· He/She will actively work with members of the risk management, compliance, and legal teams to ensure the timeliness of all risk related deliverables, and the resolution of any concerns as they arise.
· He/She will be responsible for coordinating efforts to resolve risk related issues, and to inform the managing director of risk-related activities.
· Bachelor or Master's Degree or Professional Qualification
· Minimum of 9 - 10 years of relevant work experience
· Knowledgeable about Risk Management, corporate policies, timely risk and economic issues, and the regulatory environment
· Ability to evaluate (often complex) situations and products in order to partner with business in finding an optimal solution for the company
· Possess the ability to interact and provide risk challenge to all levels of business from regional senior business leaders to back office staff
· Must be a team player and work well with different personalities to partner with business on various projects and new initiatives
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Internal Jobcode: 50417
Requisition Number: 1712478