BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electronic Markets Senior Full Stack HTML5/ Java Developer
Overview Of BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
A developer to work on the new Repo trading platform as part of a newly created application team.
The new Repo trading platform is a regulated trading exchange for the purpose of trading standardised collateral baskets in exchange for cash or other baskets. The platform will enable six different market models with the aim of providing pre-trade anonymity and enhanced liquidity opportunities to clients while at the same time putting control of counterparties and products in their hands
- Build new functionality and address issues to the new Repo trading platform.
- Integration development work between the new Repo trading platform and the BNY Mellon infrastructure.
- Developing new products and features for trading on the new Repo trading platform.
- Partner with the business, production services and application development teams to execute Markets technology’s target state vision.
- Be a trusted partner with the EMEA business lines in developing and delivering the business technology strategy and solutions.
- Own the formal definition, documentation, and communication of project requirements scope and objectives.
- Manage and resolve risks, issues and dependencies.
- Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards.
A combination of the following technical skills:
- Java (server-side)
- UNIX/Linux shell scripting
- REST APIs
- Jenkins Automation Server
- Raft Clusters/Copycat
Working knowledge of:
- React.js/Redux.js or equivalent framework
- Experience in the following areas:
- Single Dealer Platforms
- Electronic Trading applications
- HTML5 applications
- Smart Trade
- Knowledge of electronic trading systems for the following products Fixed Income, FX or Repo.
- Matching Engine/Dark Pool development experience.
- Understanding/Experience of working on Single Dealer Platforms.
- Financial Services product knowledge (especially Fixed Income/Repo).
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be flexible, enthusiastic.
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle (specifically Agile and Waterfall).
- Experience working with external vendors.
- Comfortable with system testing against requirements.
- Understanding of third party ECN’s and working with them e.g. Bloomberg, TradeWeb, FX Connect, EBS or FXAll.
- Appreciation of operational risk.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical discipline.
What we can offer you
- Challenging, fun and supportive environment.
- Training and experience with the broad set of businesses/asset classes that are in Markets.
- Opportunity to shape the BNY Mellon Markets procedures.
- Involvement in a Markets business with ambitious growth plans.
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60198
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1712545