BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal, Product Management - Payments
The position manages the strategic direction, corporate-wide profitability and product enhancements that support the Treasury Services initiative in expanding the global development of FX Payment and Foreign Currency Account Services (FCA).
Critical element to the position is supporting the further development of the new payments platform aligned with Treasury Services global expansion strategy. The solution is currently offered via our multicurrency hubs in London and NY with potential to expand further in the future as business need dictates.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Treasury Services Principal Product Manager is an individual contributor, managing new product development, product enhancements, product delivery, market strategy, pricing, in collaboration with the Treasury Services Sales & Relationship Officers, Risk, Compliance & Legal, Operations and Technology. This position will directly manage the product pricing and profitability of most complex and challenging products and product tasks regionally and/or globally in the complex regulatory environment for cash management.
The Principal Product Manager, working in concert with sales and relationship officers, will support calling efforts with presentations and as subject matter experts to close deals as needed.
With minimum oversight from the Product Line Manager, the incumbent will be directly responsible for the managent of the overall revenue and profitability goals for their assigned products.
Analyzes complex client requirements and develops solutions that may include more than one product. Must understand the economics behind products and demonstrate business acumen. Responsible for crafting the strategies behind product development and delivery.
Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment. Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability. Seen as a firm expert on a key product or product portfolio of strategic importance to the firm. Creates product management roadmaps and establishes evaluation criteria and success metrics. Oversees pricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators. Positions products for specific client segments, highlighting key benefits and competitive advantages. Works with sales and relationship management teams to support sales efforts and close on deals as needed. May also be responsible for revenue goals, profitability, and pricing for assigned products along with capital and operating budgets.
He/She will indirectly manage, mentor and coach product managers and associates and Treasury Services sales/relationship officers.
• Support the global expansion and development of the new payments platform
• Support the global payments digitization strategy and deliverables
• Define and deliver execution of Treasury Services FX payment and FCA solutions globally
• Serve as a core team SME for the further global expansion of FX payment and FCA solutions including the definition and execution on our London based FX & FCA hub, streamline and expand the current NY based FX & FCA hub, ensuring consistency of service offerings from all locations.
• Maximize product offering based on the availability of a new global payment platform and related infrastructure, driving maximize business growth and new revenues associated with said platform investment
• Coordinate with peers and global payments product management leadership to seamlessly package current RTGS EUR, USD and GBP clearing services and other USD clearing services, along with FX commercial payments and bulk file payments for maximum client value.
• Working closely with clients, prospects, and BNY Mellon’s sales force to understand customer needs and to identify and prioritize emerging marketplace trends
• Working closely with Marketing and Sales to rollout new products and enhancements and implementing our overall FX & FCA strategy
• Strong experience in driving and managing a global FX payments solution and or FCA solutions
• Deep industry knowledge or experience with global correspondent banking and currency markets OR corporate international cash management
• Experience managing, communicating various currency requirements, restrictions, and currency specific payment formatting for the global currencies.
• Successful FX payments and or FCA related product management with a major global banking firm which offers these types of services is preferred.
• Excellentcommunication skills, experience leading change and inspiring teams and stakeholder groups towards the provision of superior client experience.
• Strong assimilation skills dealing with multi-variable projects, able to work independently under pressure of competing deadlines
• Strong business planning skills and project management experience
• Demonstrated analytic, financial and market planning and consultative selling skills.
• Proven leadership skills in complex, matrix organizations with strong influencing & collaboration skills
• Experience in directing Information Technology and Operations from a strategic perspective
• A track record of building strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders
• Strong understanding of the market players participating in the FX market, strong network of Principal contacts in the FX markets
• MBA (preferred) or BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Marketing or Mathematics
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon Treasury Services understands our clients face profound challenges as they move, access and apply their cash and associated business information on a global basis. Here's where BNY Mellon Treasury Services can help by blending our award-winning cash management and global payments services into customized solutions in three strategic areas: Supply chain management - Access a suite of receivables, payables and trade finance solutions that can help reduce costs, increase efficiency and strengthen control. Client Access and Liquidity Services - Active and passive cash investment strategies combined with innovative transaction and reporting tools. Global Payments Services - High-quality, 24-hour processing and customer service for international payments, enabling our clients to make cross-border payments anytime, anywhere in more than 100 currencies.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70236
Organization: TS Product-HR07027
Requisition Number: 1712683