BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mainframe Developer (COBOL, IBM JCL, DB2 SQL, SORT, INSYNC, FOCUS)
Investment Services Technology (IST) is the umbrella application development organization providing services to the Investment Services and Market business lines as well as BNY Mellon's internal shared service groups.
The Automated Financial System (AFS) system is a legacy application that supports many business areas within the Bank, mainly reporting to the Loan Processing Center of Excellence. The system objectives and primary functions are to enter and maintain commercial loans for committed facilities, takedowns and standby letters of credit for commercial, Private Wealth and some retail customers of the Bank.
The AFS system processing contains:
- Extensive historical tracking
- Flexible accrual/flat fee processing
- Offshore branch support
- Mortgage/Escrow processing
- Support of BNY Mellon’s organizational structure
- Extensive reporting capabilities as well as user customizable reporting
- Full syndication support
- Cost of funds tracking
- Participation support
- DB2 reporting platform
- Extensive back valuation capabilities
- Full billing function, retail bills, swap billing support
- Non-accrual, loan charge-off functions
Other products supported:
- Competitive Bids
- Standby Letters of Credit
- Bankers Acceptances
The Asset Information Management System (comprised of the AIM and CAM applications) is an application designed to record, monitor and report total customer exposure (both existing and potential risk; such as commitments, lines, L/Cs and outstandings, etc.). While Risk Policy identifies and defines risk requirements, the AIM System is used company-wide by all Corporate and some Private Banking areas that extend credit to their customers. The Loan Processing Center of Excellence maintains data on AIM and ensures company-wide compliance with Risk Policy directives and approvals.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- Design and development of Commercial Loan and Asset Management applications.
- Participate in design, architect and build of scalable services and applications that integrate across different technologies.
- Provide guidance on technical subject matter to associates.
- Contribute to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Highly Desirable Mainframe Skill Requirements: (COBOL, IBM JCL, DB2 SQL, SORT, INSYNC, FOCUS)
- Has an understanding of the software development life cycle
- Strong analytical skills, excellent problem solver and self-starter.
- Able to articulate complex solutions through technical discussions.
- Can work collaboratively to perform complex troubleshooting, root-cause analyses, and solution development.
- Experience in working with business analysts, project managers and technical architects in multiple geographical areas.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work in a team environment.
- Additional Desirable Skills; (Ability to multi-task, juggle priorities, understand advanced data structure’s, design-for-testing, testing in general, and ability to write and communicate effectively)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45144
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1712699