BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Pershing - Head of Global Client Relationships
The Head of Global Client Relationships (GCR) oversees and leads the team responsible for relationship management, business development and client service for broker-dealer clients within the U.S., Latin America, Canada and Asia-Pacific. As a member of Pershing’s Executive Committee, the head of GCR is responsible for communicating client business updates, competitive insights, responsible and profitable business growth, retaining and developing talent as well as contributing to strategy for the Company’s long-term success.
- Recruits, coaches, motivates the GCR team, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues across BNY Mellon|Pershing
- Responsible for client business/revenue retention and organic growth
- Identifies areas of focus for achieving responsible, profitable growth and establishes protocols to guide business development and relationship managers including integrating this focus into their client account plans
- Sets the standards with business partners for dealing with complex and intricate issues regarding prospect needs, deal structure and negotiations while establishing guiding principles to ensure consistency of approach across the business
- Responsible for setting and achieving new business revenue targets
- Ensures the team leverages firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to prepare responses to prospect proposals (RFPs)
- Accountable to clients for the broadest range of service and support assuring their willingness to support and recommend Pershing
- Coordinates and collaborates with business partners at Pershing and across BNY Mellon on enterprise client relationship matters
- Supports and encourages team participation in corporate programs such as the Pershing Client Advisory Board and the Client Experience Playbook program
- Develops and reports on monthly business metrics and is accountable with GCR Leadership members for meeting KPIs
- Recommends areas for firm thought leadership efforts based on client feedback
- Shares an in-depth understanding of the market, trends, competition is the institutional, wealth management and advisory landscape. Leverages external insights and industry best practices to create a competitive advantage for the firm and its clients
QualificationsBachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 15 plus years of total work experience preferred with 5-7 years of management experience preferred. Financial Services experience as is prior experience in Relationship Management. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business. As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 70053
Requisition Number: 1712843