BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Client Service
Fund Accounting - NAV Construction
Fund Accounting - NAV Construction
EMEA: 12:30 - 11:00 PM IST
Complete the NAV. Review NAV impacting exceptions and make NAV correcting entries where needed. Examples but not limited to:
- Review Cash and Asset reconciliations – investigate exceptions
- Update Accounting Platform (Eagle, InvestOne, IAX) based on cash exceptions
- Make corrections to NAV impacting events where required and supply substantiation to NAV review team
- Income and Expense – Processing and review
- Daily Dividend and Yield Review
- Transaction close - Review exception Management
- Review of valuation Impacts from Control Center
- Run NAV controls - review exceptions, supply substantiation to NAV review team
- InvestOne – Shadow Accounting
Eagle/Invest One, Workbench, TLM, Prime broker websites, Bloomberg, Business Objects, Client Inquiry etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
Ensure that all operational and people management issues are dealt with in a timely manner
Regularly liaise with the onshore line of business to develop necessary extra controls or system changes.
Monitor quality of processing in cooperation with Team leaders and the LOB through regular spot checks. Evaluate team performance by following up on common objectives, reoccurring errors, overtime, etc.
Verify that all procedure documentation is updated at all times. Master the internal contingency procedures and acquire general awareness of the BNY Mellon contingency measures
Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills. Manage Training requirements, new migration, holiday planning, recuperation, GCIC and overtime
Work with the Team Leader to ensure timely and accurate completion of reconciliations and guide the team in completing their specific responsibilities. Assist and aid the Team Leader in meeting the required deadlines and deliverables.
Ensure Team Leader have adhered to requirements to meet the daily tat and quality deadlines ,if any challenges they should be escalated to line manager /Onshore immediately.
Ensure Team Leaders have adhered to requirements to save all required reports in the designated folders as per agreed timelines.
• Manage a staff of accountants, and act as a mentor for their career growth within AIS and BNYM as a whole
• Ensure all activities are performed efficiently, effectively, accurately and in a timely fashion. Train new staff on procedures and job related activity
• Prepare annual staff performance reviews – set team and individual goals and objectives
• Provide assistance to staff as and when required
• Team building - Identify and motivate appropriate team members for an effective team. Create a positive environment
• Work with Managers to ensure proper staff levels are maintained to adequately service current clients and prepare for new client launches
Manage a group of 5 to 10+ team leaders responsible for the processing and support of complete, accurate, and timely valuation and financial statements for daily and monthly valued clients
He/she must effectively work with all groups throughout Asset Servicing in order to provide joint solutions to complex client issues
He/she will control/mitigate risk related to unique client requirements
He/she will ensure that each customer's accounting information is in adherence with all BNY Mellon internal policies as well as Investment Company Act of 1940 and other U.S. applicable regulatory requirements
He/she must effectively use his/her knowledge and understanding of our business in order to appropriately manage the risk inherent in Fund Accounting relationships and our overall business
He/she will be fully responsible for the Fund Accounting process for her/his staff and will guide staff through change
Qualifications* Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. MBA (Finance) Preferred
* 6+ years of Fund accounting experience. Supervisory and management experience in Fund Accounting
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: India-Maharashtra-Pune
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70101
Organization: CSD Transformation-HR11644
Requisition Number: 1713027