BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Service Management Specialist
Overview of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manages and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
We are searching for outstanding candidates who are passionate about building and running some of the largest and most complex software artifacts on the planet and who have the ability to quickly understand how something works that they may never have seen before. They thrive to automate everything through code, and will help us make the journey through to a true no-ops model, identifying and automating end-to-end operational processes to deliver fast, efficient, and consistent results.
We look for the ability to solve problems with software, whether that’s been acquired from a textbook or at the school of hard knocks. Troubleshooting skills and the ability to unpack a problem into smaller pieces, identify possible causes, triage, and do so systematically are essential to this position. These skills could have been acquired through debugging code, operating a network, building hardware, or in other, entirely unrelated domains, however the cognitive skills and approaches to problem-solving are subject-matter agnostic and critical to have, regardless of a candidate’s background.
An ideal Systems Engineer will have a broad range of skills across a number of systems. They engineer services, and are adept at making changes to an environment safely. We also expect our SE’s to be collaborate and inclusive to produce great results.
This position is a lead position meaning that the candidate has to feel comfortable with leading a small team, drive strategy and accept responsibility. The candidate should understand team dynamics and encourage a healthy and exciting work environment. Human and Interpersonal skills are essential to being able to motivate, delegate, and develop team members.
The senior Service Management Data Analyst will be responsible for developing solutions to complex technical and business problems. Specific responsibilities include:
- Designs experiments, test hypotheses, and build models specific to ITSM
- Conducts advanced data analysis to understand trends and patterns
- Maintain and improve data analytics models
- Identifies what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information
- Makes strategic recommendations on data collection, integration and retention requirements incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices
- Develops innovative and effective approaches to solve client's analytics problems and communicates results and methodologies
- Works in iterative processes with the client and validates findings
- Works with the data steward to ensure that the information used is in compliance with the regulatory and security policies in place
- Qualifies where information can be stored or what information, external to the organization, may be used in support of the use case.
- Partners with the data stewards in continuous improvement processes impacting data quality in the context of the specific use case
- Recommends ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information
- Presents and depicts the rationale of their findings in easy to understand terms for the business
- Presents back results that contradict common belief, if needed
- Communicates and works with business subject matter experts and organizational leadership
- Educates the organization both from IT and the business perspectives on new approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results. Helps the organization understand the principles and the math behind the process to drive organizational buy-in
- Provides business metrics for the overall project to show improvements (contribution to the improvement should be monitored initially and over multiple iterations)
- Demonstrates the following scientist qualities: clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic, significance, and fairness
- Provides on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of decision systems and statistical models.
- Leads the design and deployment of enhancements and fixes to systems as needed.
- Masters in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field
- 5 or more years of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience, preferably in Financial Services
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques
- The ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets
- Strong programming skills (such as Hadoop MapReduce or other big data frameworks, Java)
- Statistical modeling (like SAS or R)
- Experience using machine learning algorithms
- High proficiency in the use of statistical packages
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- In-depth industry/business knowledge.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60147
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1713083