BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Specialist, Technology Risk Strategy & Reporting
Technology Monitoring and Control (TMC) supports BNY Mellon’s critical resiliency priorities by monitoring the design, implementation and operation of controls that reinforce the integrity, security and resiliency of technology development and operations. TMC drives 1st Line of Defense Technology Risk Management and Technology Operational Risk, leads Technology Policy Management, delivers metrics reports on technology risks and controls, assesses critical infrastructure, applications and services, monitors associated controls, drives governance and oversight of risk remediation associated with cybersecurity, third-party governance, stability, and incident management, including disaster recovery and supports the design and execution of technology and information risk programs.
The role will report to the Deputy Head - Technology Risk Strategy, Operational Risk & Reporting and support the following functional areas of the TMC group:
- TMC Strategy
- TMC Framework
- Technology Risk & Control Library (TRCL)
- TMC Policies & Standards
- Technology Risk Assessment Methodology (TRAM)
- TMC Risk Reporting including TRM Scorecard covering Key Risk Indications (KRIs)/ Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Supports and drives the roadmap for establishing the Technology Risk Strategy & Reporting service areas. Contributes to developing the strategic direction of the Technology Risk Strategy & Reporting service.
- Contributes to managing the strategic development and improvement of risk frameworks, methodologies and limits. Contributes to strategy of Technology risk reporting.
- Design, develop and implement an automated technology control testing solution.
- Sets policies for documenting existing control procedures. Ensures controls meet regulatory and organization standards.
- Liaise with multiple teams in identifying, analyzing, monitoring, and minimizing areas of risk that pertain to information technology
- Leads major risk evaluations and delivers results and recommendations to business areas and Technology management.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of Technology risk and market trends to determine potential risks to the organization. Leads any resulting change needed to mitigate risk.
- Develop a simplified Technology Risk Reporting with Key Risk Indications (KRIs)/ Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) content creating transparency for each level of TMC Domains.
- Produce Reports/Scorecards intended for relevant audience groups to drive technology risk reduction within defined risk appetite thresholds.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 8-10 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. ISACA certifications preferred.
- The candidate must be able to work across global and regional groups and communicate Technology risk matters effectively to their senior management.
- Knowledge of Technology risk, information security and/or technology compliance preferred but not required
- Experience of Technology Risks frameworks and governance a plus
- Experience of Technology Risks and Metrics analysis and reporting a plus
- Knowledge of key regulations and industry standards such as ISO 27001&2, NIST SP800-53, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, etc. a plus
- CGEIT, CRISC, CISSP, CISA a plus
- Strong presentation and stakeholder management skills required
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45157
Organization: Office of the CIO-HR06033
Requisition Number: 1713162