BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quantitative Risk Analyst
Quantitative Risk Analyst
Within Market Risk Modelling we are looking for Quantitative Risk Analyst to be member of team of five analysts located in New York and Wrocław.
- Developing, maintaining and validating risk models for quantifying various types of financial risks (such as operation risk, credit risk market risk and interest rate risk) inherent in the Corporation's business activities and processes. These models calculate values at risk or economic capitals that are reported to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on a regular basis as a key input to risk management decision making.
- Ensuring that models use methodologies that are theoretically sound, with modelling choices, assumptions and parameters that are justifiable and supportable.
- Ensuring that model development, implementation, data input, reporting, documentation, validation and maintenance use best practices, adhere to consistency and quality standards, and follow the guidance of corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Designing, testing, and maintaining market risk models and risk analytics tools used in production mode for daily calculation of the Bank’s portfolio risk measures and regulatory and economic capital calculations
- Collaborating with Desk Risk managers, Model Validation, information Technology and Market data groups as well as perform ongoing monitoring of the models, participate in the releases of the developed software, implement benchmarking tests
- Supporting to the Front Office and performs various reporting functions for Front Office, management, and customer relationship managers.
- Superb quantitative and analytical background with a solid theoretical foundation coupled with strong programming, documentation and communications skills.
- Master's Degree/PhD preferred (e.g., mathematics, physics, statistics or engineering)
- At least 3-5 years of academic/industry experience in complex quantitative modelling; experience in numerical analysis and computational methods
- Using programming languages (C++ is a must, Python and VBA are nice to have) and mathematical/statistical software packages.
- Strong orientation to detail, results and productivity
- Ability to efficiently and effectively conduct independent research, analyse problems, formulate and implement solutions, and produce quality results on time.
- Excellent scientific and technical documentation and presentation skills, assertiveness & influencing skills, and the skills to explain abstract theoretical concepts to a non-expert audience in easy-to-understand language.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 05257
Requisition Number: 1713258