BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Project / Program Manager
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Everett, Massachusetts; New York, New York; Jersey City, New Jersey
- Leads and provides direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications.
- Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization).
- Defines and manages the lifecycle from project initiation through to program closure.
- Manages and resolves risks, issues and dependencies.
- Measures and monitors program actuals, forecasts and budgets and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner.
- Follows financial standards & processes (e.g. monthly external revenue accruals, software capitalization, procurement & external payments).
- Reports financial information and status to the required executive level through steering committees.
- Secures, leads, motivates and inspires the internal & external resources required to deliver the program.
- Establishes the program s governance (e.g. sponsors, approvers, stakeholders). Manages Program Office Resources.
- May have formal management responsibility for Program Team members.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification.
- Has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations.
- Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy.
- Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45190
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1713301