BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technology Risk Management - Senior Manager
The role forms part of the Technology Risk Management organisation at the Bank of New York Mellon. TRM is divided into functional teams globally. The department’s remit includes:
- Technology Assurance & Advisory
- Technology Project Risk Oversight and Mergers and Acquisition / Due Diligence
- Vendor Technology Risk
- Technology Governance and Control
- Technology Risk Intelligence
- Privacy & Data Protection
This role forms part of the Technology Risk Management EMEA team which is responsible for management of risk facing the EMEA region. The role has an additional responsibility to manage the TRM global training and awareness program.
The Technolgoy Risk Senior Manager supports the Technology Risk Principle Manager driving the strategic information risk program within TRM and business areas supported, while providing advice and guidance to the Information Risk Analysts and junior Managers.
- S/he is recognized within their team as the point of contact for information risk matters related to governance and risk assessments and for external client communications and IRM program information across all business and business partners areas.
- With the ability to develop and drive the implementation of key metrics (KRIs, KPIs) and communicate results to senior management.
- S/he would be expected to collaborate with all internal and external Audit Risk Management functions, and regulatory bodies globally, including key contacts such as the Corporate Senior Information Risk Officers and Senior Information Risk Officers community, to effectively manage the organizations risk posture.
- S/he will assist and support the Information Risk Principle Manager with the development of strategic program elements and provide input to the IRM risk prioritization. S/he would demonstrate excellent knowledge of information, cyber, security, and technology risk concepts with the ability to interpret and drive the enforcement of BNY Mellon information risk policies and standards, regulatory requirements.
- Actively participates in the recruitment and management of a global team of risk management professionals and develops the goals and objectives.
- Identifies resource requirements and prepare the annual budget along with strategic planning that helps enable and drive the business.
- S/he would be highly experienced in stakeholder management; working across senior global and regional groups to manage and deliver the information risk management programs effectively to senior management, driving the execution and delivery of information risk initiatives and processes.
- The Technology Risk Senior Manager reports to the Technology Risk Principal Manager within their department and is expected to deputize for the Information Risk Principle Manager when required.
- The direct management of Information Risk Analysts/Managers will be required on a BAU basis, ensuring their focus on daily tasks to deliver on initiatives.
Essential Requirements; (what we are looking for)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent working experience in risk management, audit, information security, technology and/or marketing and communications or related discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of information risk, information technology and/or technology compliance is preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 32954
Organization: Information Risk Management-HR06032
Requisition Number: 1713476