BNY Mellon Careers
Paralegal, Office of Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs (New York, NY)
- Assisting with preparation of applications, notices and correspondence with Federal and State banking regulators, including the Federal Reserve, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the New York State Department of Financial Services
- Conducting research of federal and state banking laws and regulations and regulatory guidance and delivering oral and written summaries of this research
- Preparing materials, including PowerPoint decks, for meetings with members of the Legal Department and management
- Coordinate internal meetings related to regulatory matters
- Liaising with the Office of the Corporate Secretary to facilitate the collection, review and distribution of Board Materials
- Reviewing Board Materials and consulting with OPPRA attorneys regarding any questions that arise during this review
- Managing an exchange on Intralinks, a secure online platform, for collecting and distributing Board Materials
- Performing other discrete tasks for OPPRA, including preparing agendas and recruiting speakers for OPPRA meetings
- Bachelor’s degree
- A paralegal certificate from a business school, college or university
- A minimum of three years of experience as a paralegal in a corporate, government or law firm setting
- Proven ability to deliver precise and timely work product, perform under pressure, remain organized and handle highly confidential material
- Strong legal research skills, including the use of online research tools such as LexisNexis
- Strong oral and written communication skills, attention to detail
- The ideal candidate will have corporate paralegal experience
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients. BNY Mellon's Legal Department, has overall responsibility for government affairs and advises on advocacy and policy initiatives of the company to support BNY Mellon's domestic and international operations, and they also support all bank regulatory and supervisory issues.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 06819
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1713485