BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Managing Counsel - Korea
A highly experienced attorney with strong leadership and organization awareness. Serves as the in-house legal counsel and may sit on various committees. Serves as liaison with outside law firms, and may represent the company in court actions or legal negotiations. Provides legal advice to top management and others regarding proposals or anticipated actions. Prepares pertinent legal reports. Reviews and makes recommendations on proposed contracts and complies with all legal requirements. Participates in the development of methods to attain goals and obtain grants within legal guidelines. Represents the company in legal proceedings. Manages other attorneys/legal personnel.
- Acts as subject area expert and directs activities of staff. Makes significant contribution to guiding the business on Legal matters
- Develops and maintains specific subject expertise and advises business management, and relevant third parties
- Has regular contact among peers within the company and externally, including regulators and professional organizations
- Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and company or business unit strategy
- Typically manages a specific sub unit or specialised function. OR Technical expert without management responsibilities viewed as a key advisor on significant business / product decisions
QualificationsMinimum Education: Bachelor or Master's Degree or Professional Qualification Minimum Experience: 12- 14 years in relevant field
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients. BNY Mellon's Legal Department, has overall responsibility for government affairs and advises on advocacy and policy initiatives of the company to support BNY Mellon's domestic and international operations, and they also support all bank regulatory and supervisory issues.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Korea, Republic of-Korea-Korea
Internal Jobcode: 53389
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1713528