BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Managing Counsel, Office of Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs, Hong Kong
This attorney will work within the Office of Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs (“OPPRA”) in the APAC region, managing the firm’s regulatory relationships and interactions within the region. Responsibilities will include interfacing with regulators and governmental entities, managing regulatory exams and regulatory relationships, preparing senior management for meetings and briefings with regulators, and coordinating with the global regulatory and supervisory team to ensure consistency. Other responsibilities will include assisting our Government Relations group in formulating our advocacy policy. This attorney will work closely with BNY Mellon’s Risk and Compliance Groups, Government Affairs, Internal Audit, as well as the in-house legal team to identify and manage key regulatory issues related to the conduct of BNY Mellon business and to develop strategies to implement changes as required by regulatory developments. This position will report to the Senior Managing Counsel in OPPRA’s New York, New York office responsible for enterprise-wide supervisory relationships.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Advising the company on regulatory and supervisory relationships and strategies
· Counseling the many business segments throughout the company concerning the application of new regulatory standards and supervisory requirements to their products and services.
· Provide counsel on the development and implementation of U.S. and global resolution and recovery planning efforts.
· Serve as a legal advisor to the Compliance Group in APAC, and coordinating regulatory strategy with global stakeholders
· “Connecting the dots” to identify emerging supervisory trends and ensuring that these are considered in broader advocacy efforts.
· Managing company responses to supervisory and enforcement actions and advising on remedial action plans.
Minimum Education : Master's Degree or Professional Qualification
Minimum Experience : 10 - 14 years
· Mid-level attorney capable of operating independently, with a strong background in regulatory and supervisory issues, banking and finance transactions, bank regulatory matters, and financial policy issues.
· Experience working at or with APAC regulators, and a strong understanding of the processes by which APAC regulators supervise financial institutions.
· Experience with custody bank/trust bank issues and business models would be a plus.
· The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of key global regulatory regimes.
· Strong communication skills required.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients. BNY Mellon's Legal Department, has overall responsibility for government affairs and advises on advocacy and policy initiatives of the company to support BNY Mellon's domestic and international operations, and they also support all bank regulatory and supervisory issues.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Internal Jobcode: 53389
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1713529