BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Principal Architect, Infrastructure
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Solution Design of the Compute Hosting Platform as it pertains to Linux
- Analysis of needs with the capability to translate requirements for automation use cases into design and implementation plans.
- Architectural development of robust Operating systems and application configuration solutions across TSG and for line of business partners.
- Proactive review of environment to suggest/develop new configuration management policies.
- Analyze new emerging technologies in the Linux/Unix Configuration Management space and translate functionality of the new technology into an effective IT vision and strategy.
- Keep up-to-date on business trends and the latest technology innovations to forecast solutions, and anticipate emerging business changes.
- Lead and influence the development of standards and decisions regarding changes to systems/applications, and provide technical leadership and vision.
- Collaborate with other technologists across TSG to assess current capabilities and bridge the gaps with legacy and future systems.
- Knows when to escalate issues or seek assistance from senior management.
- Documents medium-to-large scale projects and delivers presentations with minimal supervision.
- Feedback and strategic recommendations to management.
- Affects change within sphere of influence and leads development of innovative improvements.
- Work on designs of build platforms that support VM, Baremetal and Container services.
- Work with the wider Compute Hosting team and integration to on-prem IaaS and Public IaaS solutions.
- Build platforms that can support code to drive automation and description of infrastructure requirements.
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions.
- Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team.
- Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure.
- Understand the internals of the Linux operating system and Kernel and able to debug applications written by developers.
- Engage with application development teams on requirements and best practices as well as managing expectations.
- Lead and influence other members of the linux engineering team and be prepared to “be involved” in active development of the compute platform.
Sr. Principal Architect, Infrastructure->> Provides guidance in developing the organization's infrastructure strategy. Implements infrastructure architecture strategy to improve services to various LOBs. Contributes to developing and monitoring the organization's technology architecture and future technology vision. Develops reports in conjunction with the Fellow Architect which demonstrate business opportunities and road map strategies that add business value. Consults and advises application development groups on solution architecture design. Attends technology conferences and works with vendors to understand the feasibility of future plans. Drafts proposals on infrastructure architecture needs for M&A activity, and supports the creation of executive summaries. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- 12 + years of infrastructure architecture experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ yrs - Solid experience in Linux scripting and automation (BASH, Perl, Ruby, Python, Jenkins).
- 5+ yrs - Solid RESTful API code development skills.
- 5+ yrs - Solid experience of configuration management products (Puppet, Ansible)
- 3+ yrs Solid experience in programming languages (C, C++, Java) a plus
- 5+ yrs Solid Linux/Unix Operating System experience (RedHat, Linux, AIX).
- Good working knowledge of database types (Oracle, NoSQL, Graph).
- Experience with software packaging, versioning, and deployment.
- Experience with re-development of existing processes.
- Working knowledge of Cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix security and encryption technologies.
- Experience with working on enterprise wide infrastructure projects with other teams..
- Ability to use and work with a variety of technologies and tools
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45024
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1714545