BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Internal Audit's mission is to contribute to the effectiveness of the Company's internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency. To support the delivery of the Internal audit tasks linked to BNYM SA/NV: audit coverage, issue escalation, participation to relevant Business Monitoring activities, support in the preparation of legal entity information and responses to legal entity queries linked to your area of remit.
The BNY Mellon Internal Audit function has a number of locations internationally across the US, EMEA and APAC regions. Key locations within EMEA include the UK, Ireland, Germany, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland and Belgium.
The Subject Matter Expertise (SME) Audit Senior role is to act as the expert within Internal Audit in at least one area within Risk, Treasury and Regulatory Reporting and how these areas apply to the business and operations of the Company.
Perform audits and SME projects across BNYM EMEA Risk, Treasury and Regulatory Reporting central/enterprise functions, ensuring they are conducted in accordance with department and professional standards and are completed on a timely basis.
Prepare written audit reports, and periodically present relevant information to Audit management, governance committees and where required, Regulators.
The applicable SME areas include but are not limited to, Liquidity Management, Capital Management, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk and Regulatory Reporting.
• Performs high quality, risk-focused fieldwork, in accordance with Internal policies, methodologies, and standards in order to identify meaningful issues, risks and other exposures in the area of the company being audited.
• The position requires solid subject matter expert (SME) knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Liquidity Risk, Capital Management and Regulatory Reporting
• Provide SME specific direction and support to audit management and the audit team in general.
• Tests financial, operational and other processes as per Audit or Credit Risk Review procedures.
• Creates and maintains accurate and clear work documents.
• Completes tasks efficiently (on time, on budget, accurately).
• Learns new businesses, processes and regulations effectively and quickly.
• Communicates well with clients and Audit team members.
• Engages in relevant training regarding audit, businesses, financial controls, regulations or a particular specialty.
• Typically works on projects of moderate complexity that would involve significant learning (regulatory regime, business model, processes) on each new assignment.
• Must be able to quickly assimilate new information in order to analyze the risks and controls effectively.
• Relevant knowledge of financial institutions and all applicable regulatory requirements is expected.
• Should be able to think creatively as well as take direction.
• Identifies problems that are not consistent with past audits and begin to structure a solution or remedy to address issue(s).
• Identifies opportunities for the use of automation and make recommendations for software support requests. • Need to display flexible and adaptive problem solving skills due to the variety of operational and technological infrastructures within the Company.
• Staff at this level will be expected to own sections of the audit program and bring them to completion.
• Specialists may have different roles depending on their department but all will need to be able to use their skills to find effective solutions to problems as part of the day-to-day business.
• Learns business strategies, processes and regulations effectively and quickly and is alert to the changing nature of risk.
• Conducts risk-focused audits that can have a negative impact of business continuity.
• Appropriately analyze control environment and develop effective audit steps to test controls where necessary in line with the new methodology.
• Concludes on the level of residual risk. Demonstrates these skills through, for example, thoughtful analysis of business processes and issue identification, as well as discussions with the project leader and auditees.
• The individual works closely with an Audit project leader and other Auditors on each project. Additionally the individual would work closely with clients both in learning the business and testing controls.
• Degree in accounting or finance; other subjects may be applicable for specialties preferred.
• 3-6 years relevant experience including experience in audit or the relevant specialty area preferred
• Solid SME knowledge (through work experience, auditing the relevant field, or professional qualification) in at least one of the following areas: Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Liquidity Risk, Capital Management, and Regulatory Reporting
• Good oral and written communications skills and an ability to be sensitive to the needs of clients and team members.
• Must be able to keep sensitive information confidential and know how to use appropriately.
• Must be able to know when to elevate potential audit issues as soon as they are identified to the auditor in charge.
• Fluent in English, French/Dutch is an asset.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Internal Jobcode: 33380
Organization: Audit International-HR07989
Requisition Number: 1714602