BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Software Developer
BNY Mellon’s Silicon Valley Innovation Center (SVIC) is seeking a senior software developer for chatbot development. SVIC is a startup within an enterprise, focused on applied research that can be quickly brought to market as either production services or new financial services products. We create engaging and productive chatbots across multiple platforms for internal and external customers. Join us to develop and enhance your skill in building great conversational interface and to delight our customers with machine learning, NLP/NLU, and chatbot frameworks. Revolutionize global financial services!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop features in an Agile environment where we quickly prototype and iterate on functionality
- Conduct research, design, and implementation of various techniques to implement chatbots of a wide range of complexity and business requirements, operating on diverse platforms such as web, Symphony, Skype for Business, mobile, Amazon Alexa, and Google Home.
- Work with customers to design great conversational user experiences
- Develop robust functionality in a complex distributed system
- Build reference bots and enable BNYM developers to easily develop and deploy chatbots in complex, regulated environments
- Work extensively with open source software.
Required skills and knowledge:
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experience building chatbots using api.ai, wit.ai, LUIS, ChatScript, AIML
- Experience with NLP and machine learning techniques such as word embedding, seq2seq, word2vec a plus
- Client side web app development experience a plus
- Experience building distributed applications in a cloud environment
- Docker experience a plus
- BSCS or equivalent work experience
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-California-Palo Alto
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Client Experience Delivery-HR11324
Requisition Number: 1714697