BNY Mellon Careers
Luxembourg Head of Operations- AIS Client Service Delivery
Summary of Role
The AIS Team Manager Senior, Luxembourg is the business group’s primary business leader and overall manager for the Luxembourg site AIS businesses including Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, Client Services, New Business, Business Development, Relationship Management, Regulatory Reporting, Sales and Internal Controls.
The AIS site head is responsible for overseeing all service delivery across Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Real Estate funds. They are responsible for ensuring that activities at the site are conducted in line with local regulatory requirements and in accordance with BNY Mellon policies and procedures. Site Heads are responsible for ensuring a strong risk culture is embedded in all activity conducted at the site. The Site Head is expected to understand BNY Mellon strategy and ensure that the site is positioned to execute on the delivery of the firms strategy. Strong knowledge of the activities of BNY Mellon are expected along with, demonstrated ability to think strategically. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator with a keen appreciation for talent development.
The successful candidate will be expected to increase the profile of AIS and cultivate key influencer relationships in the growing Luxembourg Alternatives market.
- Responsibility for ensuring careful management of the AIS Luxembourg team, providing the necessary support, management and execution to deliver key major projects on time and within budget. The jobholder will be expected to lead by example, and drive execution. The jobholder will need to work effectively and in collaboration with Compliance, Risk, Legal, Internal Audit and all others to support mechanism available to guide in best practice. They must ensure local governance is respected.
- Acts as a “partner of choice” ensuring delivery of the best client service. The job holder will be expected to pro-actively manage client issues with the Relationship Management Team and Client Service.
- Responsible for developing the overall strategic approach towards building and deepening the relationship with clients in their segment with their peer Senior Managers, Segment Business Head/Regional Business Head and Head of Business & Client Development, with an aim towards increasing client revenue and profitability.
- Responsible for managing the coverage, distribution, and delivery of all AIS products and services and coordination with other businesses and 'to sell the whole company' to the assigned portfolio of clients. This role includes primary oversight for the specific segment of the AIS market, product, and functional activities as well as working in close collaboration with other business, product and/or functional partners (Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, Client Services, New Business, Business Development, Relationship Management, Internal Controls and Sales).
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate oversight on outsourced activities for clients of the Luxembourg Branch.
- Member of the Luxembourg Branch Management and Risk Committees
- Acts as senior representative in for AIS Luxembourg (in partnership with AIS EMEA Risk) and in this capacity will have a dotted line reporting into the Luxembourg Country Executive Manager.
- B.A./B.S. Graduate Business Degree preferred.
- Experience managing Transfer Agency / Fund Accounting Operations desirable
- Managerial/supervisory experience.
- Significant experience in financial services and Alternative Investment Services required, preferably in Luxembourg.
- Knowledge of Hedge funds, Private Equity and Real Estate Fund structures.
- Managing multiple teams and matrix management experience required.
- Extensive experience in leadership/management required.
1. Client Focus – demonstrates clear understanding of importance of effective customer service, internally and externally
2. Trust - evidences high standards of integrity and openness
3. Teamwork – demonstrates ability to work effectively as a member of a team, a collaborative style, and understands the value of diversity
4. “Outperformance” – evidences the ability to exceed expectations of others
1. Global Acumen - Developing and incorporating an understanding of the competitive global business environment as well as an awareness of economic, social and political trends that impact the organization’s global strategy
2. Establishing Strategic Direction - Establishing and committing to a long-range course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after analyzing factual information and assumptions taking into consideration resources, constraints and organizational values
3. Developing Strategic Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g., peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners)
4. Building organizational Talent - Attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals. Providing timely coaching, guidance and feedback to help others maximize their potential and meet key accountabilities. Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate and guide a team toward successful outcomes and attainment of business objectives
5. Change Leadership - Continuously seeking (or encouraging others to seek) opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational problems and opportunities
6. Client Orientation - Cultivating strategic client relationships and ensuring that the client perspective is the driving force behind all value-added business activities
7. Driving Execution - Translating strategy into operational reality. Breaking down strategic priorities or business initiatives into key tasks and identifying accountabilities. Aligning communication, people, culture, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of required results
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Luxembourg--
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70503
Requisition Number: 1714775