BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
EMEA Regulatory Reporting Senior Analyst
The EMEA Finance Professional Services Centre (FPSC) is a team of 40+ professionals based in Manchester which provides world class financial accounting services to the EMEA Controllers group of BNY Mellon. EMEA Controllers is a specialist function responsible for the books and records of the EMEA legal entities, regulatory & statutory reporting and ensuring a robust control environment. It is part of the EMEA Finance department which consists of approximately 200 finance professionals spread across EMEA, plus offshore support in Chennai
The Regulatory Reporting Production team is the largest team within the EMEA Finance Professional Services Centre responsible for producing internal and external regulatory reporting returns across multiple EMEA locations.
Job Purpose/ Responsibilities (What the job role involves)
1. Production and review of EMEA external regulatory, statistical and liquidity returns within prescribed regulatory deadlines. These reporting deadlines have frequencies of daily, monthly, quarterly, half yearly, yearly and ad hoc
2. Production and review of internal regulatory and liquidity reporting for business management and decision making. This includes daily monitoring of internal reports for capital adequacy and liquidity submissions to the US office regulatory team.
3. Work in a strong operational control environment for data production and reporting e.g. certification, analytical review and checklists are carried out to the required level. Adherence to regulatory governance policies
4. Work with other functional and business areas e.g. Treasury, Risk, Compliance, Legal and Business line management in the production of regulatory and liquidity returns.
5. Projects to support the business in its objectives as regards to regulatory reporting and compliance with new regulatory rules and advisory work on business changes and restructures.
6. Provide support, advice and education to the business and business partners departments on the impact of new business and new regulatory rules
7. Other: Stay abreast of legislative and regulatory developments, as well as maintain their knowledge of External Reporting requirements and procedures. Perform other functions as required from time-to-time.
Requirements; (what we are looking for)
1. Qualified accountant with at least 2 years post qualified experience
2. Regulatory reporting experience preferable
3. Experience of reviewing team members; work and providing constructive feedback
4. Deadline driven with a strong attention to detail
5. Experience of a fast moving, complex, highly controlled, multi-national/ functional organization
6. Analytical with an inquisitive/challenging mind set
7. Controls experience essential
8. Significant experience of accounting systems and processes (e.g. advanced user of excel)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 32219
Requisition Number: 1714813