BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Group Manager, Relationship Mgmt. - Technology Services Group
- Participate in strategic and budgetary planning processes, prepare and administer work unit operating budgets; provide recommendations on desired policies and goals and implement new/revised programs according to established guidelines.
- Participate in field research in pursuit of new solutions and to evaluate the applicability and usefulness of current solutions.
- Responsible for managing various aspects of their assigned neighborhood (cluster of business aligned capabilities), including but not limited to:
- Matrix management of designated TSG SMEs aligned to appropriate neighborhood
Champion and drive adoption of neighborhood concept for a modern, scalable foundation for increased business benefits
- Act as single point of contact to deliver full suite of Products and Services
- Provide a seamless and integrated face-off to our Partners
- Preparation for the adoption of a modern converged infrastructure for operations and delivery
- Ensure the highest level of cyber preparation, drive down EOL Op Risk, etc.
- Reduce complexity
- Buildout and overall management of neighborhood; this includes underlying hardware to avoid cross-functional dependencies
- Setting and managing neighborhood operational council
- Design and program governance
- Responsible for the development and implementation of solution roadmaps and to ensure successful introductions across the organization and with customers.
- Collaborate with management to develop annual budgets for respective business areas.
- Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments.
- Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
- Create and analyze relevant information and develop recommendations that they present to senior management.
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, the information technology department, and outside vendors.
- Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
- Create shared vision of their respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms.
- Develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management and managing product phase-in-phase-out plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
- Facilitate capacity and resource planning for future needs of portfolio
- Create consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
- Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive impact on the organization.
- Identify, screen and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet (internal and external) customer needs.
- Partner with key staff members to create strategic business plans.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources.
- Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers have the solutions they need, when they need them, and in the media best suited to their requirements.
- Collaborate with architecture and operations teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards.
- Own the Project Portfolio for the business line and collaborate with the Project Management Office on the intake process and prioritization of candidate projects across the company.
- Guide and facilitate proper usage of Service Management functions: Change management, Incident and problem management high level oversight
- Drive solutions for business impact and Service Level agreement and Operation Level agreements
- Make Knowledge management usage and functionality available to the customer
- Manage , analyze and report on cost of the TSG support
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial
- 12+ years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Dev Ops , Agile, Lean required
- Business knowledge of Securities, Fund accounting , Collateral, and tri-party Repo preferred
- Experience in automation, Cloud , virtual , Software defined Networking , MQ , Kafka,
- Proficiency in ITSM tools and strong understanding of service analytics and visualization
- Strong project management (dev and infra) experience
- Global mindset, Strong communicator, ‘Stress Proof’
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills
- In partnership with AppDev and business ability to interact with Board and regulators to discuss issues or programs
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45333
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1714873