BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Teradata DBA - Senior Specialist Database Analyst
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Eanalytics BI reporting is an integrated reporting tool in NetXpro/Net X360 internet application to meet the needs of vast user group for business analysis that utilizes the Teradata Database platform. This application is used by internal and external customers of Pershing business groups. It provides analytical reports which support Pershing’s back office operations and regulatory compliance.
This Teradata Database Analyst position will be responsible for working with the Application team to improve business opportunities through leveraging data in our Teradata platform and learning all the facets of data warehousing.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure availability and performance of database environments
- Analyze/resolve all database-related issues
- Proactively monitor database environments
- Capacity monitoring and planning
- Provide trending analysis and management reporting for databases
- Troubleshooting, tuning, database workload balancing
- Lead database patch identification/application and upgrades
- Escalate and follow-through on resolution of issues with database vendor as appropriate
- Integrate database with NEXEN repository for use in API store
- Provide general support of other tools in technology stack including Informatica, Protegrity, Hadoop and BI Tools
- Provide database support to ETL and BI developers
- Participate on 24X7 on-call rotation
- Provide support for database backups
Specialist Database Analyst->> Analyzes application requirements and develops conceptual, logical & first-cut physical database designs (data models). Leads in the creation of associated data model documentation such as entity and attribute definitions and formats. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes and designs complex data models, logical databases, and relational database definitions in the data modeling tool using both forward and backward engineering techniques. Leads aspects of data element naming consistent with standards and conventions and ensures that data dictionaries are maintained across multiple database environments. Consults with database administration and client areas in resolving questions during the translation to a physical database design. Uses knowledge and expertise of existing database environments to make recommendations for opportunities to share data and/or reduce data redundancies. Uses knowledge and expertise of enterprise data to assist the business and technology team in the creation and definition of internal and external message flows. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in design and administration of logical and relational databases or systems analysis or data warehousing.
- Performance tuning skills for large relational databases.
- Linux and Shell scripting experience.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Background or knowledge of statistics and machine learning principles.
- Understanding of System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and software best practices.
- Experience with Teradata, as a DBA, or application development.
- Experience in utilizing TD workload management tools (Teradata Manager, Performance Monitor, Teradata Administrator, Replication services, Fastload, Multiload, Tpump, SQL assistant).
- Teradata Certification.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry.
- Solid management reporting skills.
- High level of motivation and ability to independently or in a team environment.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45152
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1714947