BNY Mellon Careers
Quality Assurance/Testing Analyst (Unix/Linux, Selenium, Fitnesse, UFT)
- Develops testing plan scenarios for complex unit, process, function, integration and acceptance testing with a focus on automation
- Responsible for definition, planning and execution of testing efforts.
- Analyzes complex systems requirements. Helps resolve complex problems detected in testing
- Recommends new products and provide guidance and expertise in their development. Identifies and documents software and systems defects.
- Assists in providing solutions to resolve defects. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Designs and develops usability testing scenarios, and administers more complex portions of the testing process.
- Create test artifacts, including Test Plans and Exit Reports
- Create and maintain reusable test data for automation scripts
- Participate in scrum calls and ensure Acceptance criteria is set for defined stories
- Work with Development team to capture and reuse automated test cases during Integration / Sprint testing
- Behavior Drive Development and help drive quality
- Code and debug complex financial applications, as needed
- Responsible for daily status reporting at project level
- Responsible for test data conditioning/ creation
- Environment support and documentation of current state on Confluence pages
- Trace test cases and results back to specific user stories/requirements/quality risks
- Ability to organize/manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Provide accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration and work effort, along with confidence level, and foreseeable dependencies
- Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing risks / issues, and taking corrective action as necessary to meet project deadlines
- Understand the role of testing within the SDLC and effectively advocate for the best possible customer experience of product quality within those parameters
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial
- 2-3 years of Agile Testing / Dev ops integration testing experience in a fast-paced, time-to-market driven environment preferred
- Experience with test automation, test script creation and modification required
- 6-8 years of experience in a systems quality environment required
- Good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, prioritization, decision-making and conflict resolution skills are required
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Agile and Agile-hybrid environment
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Automation skills required – examples below
- Unix/Linux/ Sheel Scripting (Must have / Desired)
- UFT/ Lean FT
- AGILE Testing experience Must
- Financial services experience desired
- Self-Motivated and need no hand holding required resources are desired.
- Financial messaging experience also desired
- SWIFT/Federal Reserve/Chips
- Defect management tools HP ALM suite and JIRA / ZEPHYR
- Automation tools – Agile requirements Designer, Selenium, Cucumber, Expresso etc
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45127
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1714992