BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Operational Risk Manager - VP
Reporting to the Senior Risk Manager for EMEA Markets, Corporate Treasury & Broker Dealer Services. You will be part of a global team of risk professionals supporting the Markets and Treasury businesses within EMEA. This position will require regular communication and collaboration with the wider Risk teams across other Legal Entities and geographies, as well as with Senior Managers in Operations, Internal Control, Credit / Market Risks, Treasury, Compliance, Finance, Audit and Legal teams.
- To ensure the Banks' Operational Risk Management Framework is complete and applied consistently throughout the EMEA Markets & Treasury businesses.
- To provide business management and other Bank groups with independent guidance and challenge on all aspects of Operational Risk and governance.
- To ensure material emerging and top risks are identified, discussed and escalated if necessary within the EMEA and Global Governance Frameworks as well as through to the other Senior Risk Managers.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
- Work closely with line of business management in order to understand their business and what concerns they may have.
- To identify each businesses’ risk issues, and to be proactive in promoting possible solutions to manage any residual risks.
- Identify material operational risks, assess the effectiveness of control design, changes and ensure that any control gaps identified are managed until closed within a timely basis.
- Develop and implement standards and policies appropriate for the business that conform to the principles and policies established by Risk Management.
- Participate in, or lead, cross-functional initiatives designed to assess and mitigate risk.
- Elevate, report and investigate errors, losses and near misses, identifying the root causes and overseeing the implementation of corrective actions.
- Work with the line of business to ensure that all Risk Events are comprehensively captured within the Risk Management Platform, linked to the relevant G/L postings, and closed in a timely manner.
- Analyse data and errors to identify emerging risks, related to new products or significant business process changes and propose effective solutions.
- Review key risk indicators for coverage and effectiveness, identifying root causes for red and/or amber conditions.
- Ensure that processes, risks, and controls are continually reassessed for appropriateness and completeness.
- Attend business, risk and governance committees relating to EMEA Markets Businesses and as required by the Senior Risk Manager covering the wider business functions and legal entities.
- Production of routine Operational Risk Reporting for Senior Management and Governance Committees compiling management information, and adding quantitative/qualitative risk analysis.
- Provide reporting to, and respond to requests from Senior Risk Management, as it relates to the oversight of EMEA Markets activities and the implementation of the risk management framework within the businesses.
- Promote a strong risk awareness culture within the EMEA Markets line of businesses.
- Cross line of business, legal entities, regional and global Risk Management teams
- Lines of business management
- Internal/External Audit, Internal Control, Regulatory, Compliance, Legal, Tax, and Finance
Requirements; (what we are looking for)
- Qualifications, Experience and Training (or equivalent qualifiers):
- BSc/BA degree and some experience of operations, audit and/or risk management in an established financial services or investment management organization.
- MBA, accounting or professional risk management qualifications preferred.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following investment areas (Foreign Exchange, Capital Markets, Global Custody, Internal Control, Operations, Security Lending, Collateral Management).
- Knowledge and experience of current regulatory topics and change programmes is desirable.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills.
- Good working relationships.
- Sound knowledge of business areas within portfolio.
1. Client Focus - demonstrates clear understanding of importance of effective customer service, internally and externally.
2. Trust - evidences high standards of integrity and openness.
3. Teamwork - demonstrates ability to work effectively as a member of a team, a collaborative style, and understands the value of diversity.
4. "Outperformance" - evidences the ability to exceed expectations of others.
1. Managing Self - Seizes opportunities for continuous learning and self-development and supports the development of others. Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
2. Global Acumen - Developing and incorporating an understanding of the competitive global business environment as well as an awareness of economic, social and political trends that impact the organization's global strategy.
3. Strategic Decision Making - Securing information and identifying key issues relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; establishing and committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision.
4. Developing Strategic Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g., peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners).
5. Developing Partnerships - Developing and using collaborative relationships inside and outside the organization to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
6. Change Leadership - Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches that transform organizational processes and systems.
7. Client Orientation - Cultivating strategic client relationships and ensuring that the client perspective is the driving force behind all value-added business activities.
8. Driving Execution - Translating strategy into operational reality. Breaking down strategic priorities or business initiatives into key tasks and identifying accountabilities. Aligning communication, people, culture, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of required results.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 50417
Requisition Number: 1715233