BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Data Management & Quantitative Analysis
The BNYM Markets Global Surveillance Program is looking to hire a full time Quant/Analytics expert to:
- Work with a vendor party in the agile implementation of an integrated, component-based surveillance framework and perform business as usual development. The framework will consist of tailored visualizations on production of alerts, a surveillance database with integrated parameters, a workflow tool and overarching supervision web portal.
- Implement MiFIDII best execution procedures, measure execution performance and report on execution quality.
- Learn the Surveillance vendor’s framework as it is being built and will eventually be tasked with adding ad hoc code additions and changes depending on supervisor requirements.
- Learn to utilize the MiFIDII best execution system and control the developing of parameters, reporting and monitoring of execution quality.
- Design and consult on kdb+/Q, Java queries and/or presentation/visualization tools to achieve analytics objectives.
- Join data to kdb+/Q surveillance database from multiple sources (e.g. e-trading database transaction, order and market data; reference / static data; etc.) and in multiple formats (e.g. queried output, api, csv file upload, sftp drop)
- Parameterize activity to produce accurate exceptions and tailor as needed, e.g. thresholds, time windows, combination of alerts.
- Construct dashboards using vendor framework, e.g.:
- Timeseries view of trader/desk p&l relative to other trader/desk p&l / currency pair volatility
- Timeseries view of number of cancelled / amended trades per trader
- Timeseries view of communications alerts by trader/desk
- View of last look rejected trades amount and value
- Develop alerts for exceptions, e.g.:
- Trigger real-time alert for an executed trade / order where price is greater than 2% of the mid-market rate;
- Triger alert for abnormal transaction e.g. large volume, unusual currency pair
- Trader/desk trade/comm alert mapping
- Trigger alert when exposure reaching / breached risk limits
- Create workflow and queue functionality in Jira
- Create reports as needed
- Create Management Information presentations for periodic reviews
- Work with and educate internal BNYM quantitative developers on kdb+/Q programming
- Understand and research MiFIDII best execution requirements.
- Implement best execution procedures to ensure compliance with MiFIDII.
- Provide daily, monthly and quarterly data analysis of execution quality.
- Research and analyze execution data from competing markets to explore opportunities and or support continued routing decisions.
- Make order execution and routing recommendations based on review of execution quality and implement proposed recommendations where approved.
- Tailor best execution parameters to product and order specifications.
- Create execution quality performance management information for periodic review.
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred. Significant relevant work experience preferred. Experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred.
Additional preferred experience includes:
- Knowledge of / familiarity with kdb+/Q
- Experience coding in another language e.g. SQL, Java, or a degree in Data Science / Computer Science or demonstrable qualification/experience.
- Experience in best execution analysis and reporting is preferred.
- Experience in trade surveillance alerts development is preferred.
- Knowledge of MiFIDII best execution requirements is preferred.
- Experience working within agile project teams (e.g. Scrum, Kanban etc).
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Global Markets, through its Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, BNY Mellon Capital Markets, LLC and BNY Mellon Capital Markets EMEA Limited businesses, provides a broad array of products and services for corporate, institutional and high-net-worth investors to choose among various vehicles aimed at protecting principal, providing growth and managing risk.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: General Mgmt / Admin
Internal Jobcode: 70693
Organization: MARKETS CENTRAL MANAGEMENT-HR15164
Requisition Number: 1715519