BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Administrative Assistant
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Under general direction, the incumbent is responsible for performing a full range of advanced, diversified secretarial and administrative functions, typically of a responsible and confidential nature for the MEA Asset Servicing team and for the Dubai Branch Senior Executive Officer. This role requires broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge of organization policies and practices. This may include, but will not be limited to:
• Diary management
• Scheduling internal and external meetings
• Arranging travel itineraries and coordinating travel arrangements, including settlement of related expenses
• Committee Secretariat duties, including preparing and distributing minutes of meetings
• Screen telephone calls and resolve routine and complex inquiries.
• Providing administrative support to the Dubai SEO and administratively support the running of the Dubai branch.
S/He will have corporate interface, across many levels of the organization, at senior executive level but more often at senior manager level and potentially with external clients. The incumbent will therefore need to be articulate and sensitive to the culture and diversity of the audience. S/He will screen telephone calls and may be expected to apply independent judgment when resolving both routine and complex enquiries. S/he should be able to compose correspondence, memoranda and may be required to produce reports and presentation materials, organize events, seminars or coordinate resources for small projects of moderate complexity.
• Typically requires a high school education or equivalent.
• The qualified candidate will have a solid background of PA experience at senior manager level within a large, multi-networked organisation (FS industry experience is preferred).
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential issues. Position requires poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Must be familiar with and be able to use personal computers, data storing, Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite products.
• The role may also require the regular use of business or technical vocabulary coupled with sound knowledge of organizational operations, procedures and staff.
• Must be well organized, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and therefore manage priorities, establish and meet deadlines.
• Skilled in typing, shorthand, and/or dictation, advance proofreading/editing and word processing.
• The candidate should have good math skills, excellent oral/written communication skills as well as organizational/interpersonal skills.
• Makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Dubai
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 50135
Organization: ASSET SERVICING EMEA-HR06400
Requisition Number: 1715533