BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Developer - Monitoring Engineer
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
We are an Enterprise Monitoring team recently formed to engineer the next generation Monitoring and Automation solution within TSG. We are engineering a full stack monitoring and automation platform utilizing open source software (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Spring, etc.), commercial software, and home-grown software. We are leverage artificial intelligence and statistical analysis to perform noise reduction and correlation of alerting. In addition, we are utilizing agile development to produce a comprehensive set of APIs to perform any actions required in the monitoring and automation space. We are a distributed team with wide range of development and system skills that seek to produce robust, yet simple solutions to problems. We seek to hire people that are self-starters that can work independently with minimal direction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the long term technical strategy and vision for the Monitoring and Automation platform.
- Work with applications and systems teams to understand their telemetry, operations, and visualization requirements for their needs.
- Viewed as a senior, subject matter expert that the team can look to for guidance across the monitoring and automation space.
- Develops highly performance RESTful APIs that perform at scale in a container based environment.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Must have understanding of standard protocols/technologies such as TCP/IP, SSH, HTTP/S, LDAP, SNMP, Syslog, etc.
- Strong experience with software development methodologies and tooling (e.g., Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, JIRA, Confluence, etc.).
- Must have a good understanding of integration protocols, such as REST + JSON/XML.
- Five or more (5+) years of experience with databases like Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB is preferred.
- Must have working knowledge pf the Linux operating system.
- Candidate must be organized, self-motivated, well spoken, and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Experience with application performance monitoring and assessment desired (Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc.)
- Experience designing, deploying, and testing of enterprise level monitoring and application automation is preferred.
- Experience with microservice development is preferred.
- Experience or exposure to a DevOps role with a passion for stable, resilient and available platforms is preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-King of Prussia
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1715584