BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Head of Depotbank- Germany
Overview of Role:
The Head of Depotbank is responsible for managing depositary activities in Germany, which includes a group of approximately 65 people in Frankfurt. He/ she is responsible for managing and developing staff, in accordance with BNYM policies and practices.
- Responsible for managing the German depositary activities, including the activities outsourced to other BNYM entities.
- Assists clients with respect to current issues and future needs, following through with the implementation of any change across the Depotbank business.
- Assists in the Depotbank sales and marketing process, including RFPs and securing new mandates.
- Filters new business opportunities for Depotbank and acts as local approver for new business when opportunities are presented to new business acceptance committees.
- Gathers market information, networking and promoting the Bank’s presence/ expertise in the market (e.g. panelist at conference, meeting with industry stakeholders…)
- Manages the Depotbank staff and supports them in consultancy and key decision making.
- Serves as ultimate local escalation point for any significant risk related issues, including review of nonstandard new business requests.
- Supports the determination and ongoing review of Risk Restitution and other capital requirements.
- Complies with BNYM corporate policies and procedure, with particular attention to business risk, internal control effectiveness and compliance matters.
- Ensures that all general management duties are fulfilled from an administrative perspective.
- Acts as branch manager for the German branch of SA/NV.
- Monitors risk and performs local corporate governance over the German based legal entities, including participation to the monthly Risk Committee and Executive Committee.
- Collaborates with his peers in EMEA Trust and Depository to achieve pan EMEA initiatives.
Personal specifications: Education & Experience University degree; Minimum 15 years operational experience in either/ or Depotbank, Fund Accounting and Custody services in Germany. Extensive Client management experience required; exposure to C-level preferable. Experience in multi-national companies and in a matrix organization preferable. Specific knowledge requirements
- Familiar with both multi-national and domestic clients and their product requirements
- Understanding of risk management and the relevance to the Depotbank activities
- Management of large teams
- Strong communication skills
- Proven intercultural abilities
- Experience in project management
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on complex topics to top management, clients and public groups.
- Change Leadership - Continuously seeking and encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational problems and opportunities.
- Driving Execution - Translating strategy into operational reality. Breaking down strategic priorities or business initiatives into key tasks and identifying accountabilities. Aligning communication, people, culture, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of required results.
- Building Organizational Talent - Attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals. Providing timely coaching, guidance and feedback to help others maximize their potential and meet key accountabilities. Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate and guide a team toward successful outcomes and attainment of business objectives
- Client Orientation - Cultivating strategic client relationships and ensuring that the client perspective is the driving force behind all value-added business activities.
- Developing Strategic Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g. peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners).
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70175
Organization: ASSET SERVICING EMEA-HR06400
Requisition Number: 1715629