BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Specialist Developer (Cloud Developer/Systems Engineer)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The BNYM Cloud Team is seeking a Cloud Developer / Systems Engineer to join our team. We work on BNYM App Engine, our application runtime platform that schedules containerized and non-containerized applications into our cloud environment. Our systems power nearly a quarter of the global economy and we continue to invest in uplifting the technologies underpinning our private cloud and public clouds.
Self Service and Container Runtime Platforms are game changers that unlock the promise of incredible developer productivity. Our team uses advanced technology to enable innovation for our business.
Our team is currently involved in building the following:
- Dynamic Runtime environment for services, batch, one-offs
- Public cloud - private cloud, DMZ → every security zone
- Multi Datacenter, Multi-Region Application Orchestration
- Placement Engine
- OS and Image Build Automation
- Immutable images
- Hosting complex Apps in a containerized environment
- Secrets Delivery
- Chaos Testing
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Research, design, and implement software components powering our private, container-based cloud platform.
- Develop features in an agile environment where we quickly prototype and iterate on functionality.
- Develop robust functionality in a complex, distributed systems, code base. (Is this a complete sentence?)
- Work extensively with open source software and open standards. You may even modify or extend code maintained as part of an open source project.
- Deploy critical services and features that are used by thousands of developers and potentially impact millions of end users.
- Employ both Object Orientated development skills and systems engineering skills.
- Enjoy automating everything.
- Build the platform.
- Use awesome frameworks such as Vert.x, SpringBoot, Java, Angular, Docker, Mesos, Nomad, Vault, Consul, Marathon, Puppet, Salt, etc. on Linux and Windows.
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in software development design and implementation of large scale distributed systems and web services building complex software that is testable and designed for extensibility.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with Linux, Docker and DevOps needed.
- Experience with automation tools (salt/puppet etc.) is a must.
- Deep expertise with the architecture and implementation of PaaS software such as Cloud Foundry, Mesos, or Kubernetes.
- Deep understanding of Linux and OS Tuning.
- Deep understanding of how to build fault tolerance and scalability into cloud based systems.
- Production experience with Golang/Java.
- Good understanding of building, deploying, and maintaining critical applications in a cloud based environment.
- Grasp of software engineering skills in modular design, data structures, algorithms, and Unix systems development.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1715640